~HID headlights~

deauxt

Established Member
It was a general statement. He is not saying everything on eBay is crap, but order one of the $19.95 kits from China and see if your happy. Are you just wanting to start an internet argument take it to PM's this has been a very insightful thread and has had LOTS of good input, please don't clutter it up. :beer:

It's all good man, no arguements here. I was just messing with him since he said ebay crap, and as we all know pretty much everything is on ebay now. I agree, this is a good thread. It just needs some pics. Do you have any of the 8000K kit you have?

Last edited:

onepowerfulpony

Feel The Powa
Established Member
IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7353.gif

IMG_7362.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7356.gif

IMG_7372.gif

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I'll tell you what, i had stock HID's in my RX-8, and i'm finding out that they were only 4200s...and they were a WORLD of a difference from the current stock headlights on our cobras. I'd imagine the 6K kit would be about perfect.

subscribing...

i was always under the impression that converting to HID was more of a modified process then this. If it's truely plug and play, i'll be on board with this shortly.

I know i'm gonng look SUUUPER noob for asking this, but what exact does a ballast do?

deauxt

Established Member
Nice...those look good. Quite a difference going from the old halogens to the HIDS.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so what do the headlights look in the light, im afraid of the housing leaking or getting too hot, and is everyone getting them off ebay, Im in the market for new clear headlights but now I may get the HID's I'm sick of not being able to see at night

deauxt

Established Member
so what do the headlights look in the light, im afraid of the housing leaking or getting too hot, and is everyone getting them off ebay, Im in the market for new clear headlights but now I may get the HID's I'm sick of not being able to see at night

The kit I got was from ebay, but it looks like onepowerfulpony sells a nice kit too.

I have a 5000K kit on my wife's car, and at night it looks like it's daytime in front of the car. The reflectors and signs look like they are glowing. They make my Cobra's headlights look downright pathetic.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I'm set on 6000K. 8000K is bluish tint - and I don't want that IMHO. I'm perfectly fine with somewhat pure white light.

deauxt

Established Member
I'll tell you what, i had stock HID's in my RX-8, and i'm finding out that they were only 4200s...and they were a WORLD of a difference from the current stock headlights on our cobras. I'd imagine the 6K kit would be about perfect.

subscribing...

i was always under the impression that converting to HID was more of a modified process then this. If it's truely plug and play, i'll be on board with this shortly.

I know i'm gonng look SUUUPER noob for asking this, but what exact does a ballast do?

the ballast is needed to light the bulbs as a much greater voltage is needed to light up the HID bulb than an incandescant bulb. It also regulates the voltage once it's lit.

Helomech74

Established Member

No need to worry about your housings. HIDS actually use less wattage to run and because of this, they run cooler. Most Hids are 35w bulbs where as the stockers are 55+ watts.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Anymore pics? I'm thinking about getting some with my tax money cause I can't see shit at night. I don't want to blind other people on the road though......I hate it when people do it to me. I think my eyes just might be sensitive though....I pretty much have to wear sunglasses in the day if it's bright.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Sorry for bringing this thread back, but..
I'm still a little confused how to get my HID's to spread nicer with the stock housings..
Is there anyway to get the metal piece that is used to reflect the light back to the housing out? I'm pretty sure thats why my HIDs look like the batman symbol on the street..

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I just wanna see the diff btwn 4300, 5000 and 6000. I'll be doing this mod soon and wanna see the differenc so I can make a decision.

F8Lbite98

back once again
Established Member
Go with 6000k or 6500k. You wont be dissapointed. Ive had 6500k in all my cars. I just installed my 6500k HIDs in my cobra this past thursday and they look amazing. Big differnce compared to the stock lights.

Users who are viewing this thread