hid's crapped out need some help

EL Conquistador

Established Member
one of my hid fog lights have stopped working completely. this is the second time this has happend last time i just turned the car and lights off a few times until it was working again but now it seems to be out for good i even replaced the bulbs and that diddnt work and the ballasts are only a few months old so hopefully theyre ok does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

HID_Guy

Established Member
one of my hid fog lights have stopped working completely. this is the second time this has happend last time i just turned the car and lights off a few times until it was working again but now it seems to be out for good i even replaced the bulbs and that diddnt work and the ballasts are only a few months old so hopefully theyre ok does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

If you replaced the bulbs and it did not solve the issue it more than likely is a blown ballast. Ballasts are meant to last at least a few years, but sometimes they give out much sooner, just as long as your covered by warranty with whoever you purchased them through, if not you just need to buy a replacement or two.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
If it was an all of a sudden kind of thing it's probably a grounding issue somewhere because ballasts get flicker before they go out.

EL Conquistador

Established Member
problem resolved the bulbs and ballasts were all ok turns out there were just a couple wires left exposed that had built up some corrosion a little sauder and shrink wrap fixed it

Users who are viewing this thread