High Boost overlays ready to view/order

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for being so patient everyone. The new 20+ High Boost overlays are ready to view and I'm taking orders. As I mentioned in another thread I'm waiting to get these back from the silkscreener. I should be able to ship in about a week. I will send them out in the order I recieve the orders.
I will be happy to answer any questions as well.
These should be installed on Cobras making 16 to 24 pounds of boost. There are no hash marks between the 8 and 18 numbers on the gauge. Because of that fact if you are not making these higher boost levels you should go with the original Boost Overlay. They can be viewed and ordered at www.boostoverlay.com I will be away from my computer for a good portion of this evening so if you post questions I will be happy to answer when I return and check this post. Thanks to everyone who has contributed with thier suggestions and comments.

Ray H.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Awesome job ray! I'll be ordering mine Monday most likely, I'll save it until the new pulley set goes on, but I wanna go ahead and get it. Thanks for all your hard work.

The link to your site has a typo in your post. www.boostoverlay.com There ya go :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
DSG2003SVT said:
Awesome job ray! I'll be ordering mine Monday most likely, I'll save it until the new pulley set goes on, but I wanna go ahead and get it. Thanks for all your hard work.

The link to your site has a typo in your post. www.boostoverlay.com There ya go :thumbsup:

Fixed

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Here is a pic I lifted from his site :)

54230.jpg

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Whats a 2.8 car make with a stock blower? I want a Whipple, but don't want my gauge to not work, it looks like it would be about in the middle of the gauge around 12 o clock? :thumbsup:

03yellow

Established Member
Your kidding about the 20+.....right

Did you use a magic marker to draw the line across the 0
It Looks awful.

Last edited:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for correcting my error and posting this thread as a sticky Jeff. I appreciate your help very much.

To answer a couple of questions.
Strokd: If you are making between 10 and 16#s I stongly recommend the original boost overlay as it has hash marks between the 10 and 16# numbers. The new high boost overlay is really for Cobras making in excess of 16#s and up to 24#s.

03yellow: With the aftermarket blowers in use on these cars boost readings of 20+ are pretty common. I produced this new high boost overlay because I had quite a positive response when I took a poll of the regulars on this board. I'm trying to fill that need. As for the magic marker comment. The pic is actually a preproduction overlay installed on my own 03. The finished product is at the silkscreener and won't be available for about a week. I don't see a problem when the overlay is veiwed from the normal driving position. I doubt anyone else will either.
Thanks, Ray H.

03yellow

Established Member
Yea I know, Im running over 16lbs on cold days. (I have one of your old overlays)
I thought you were kidding bacause of the quality of the numbers...ie..the way they look on the new overlay.
You did a great job on the old overlay!

The new one dosent look so good.... I had to look twice till I figured the numbering out on the 8 and the 18. I looked down and saw the needle resting on the 0 then I understood what the numbers were supposed to be.

Ray Hilton said:
Thanks for correcting my error and posting this thread as a sticky Jeff. I appreciate your help very much.

To answer a couple of questions.
Strokd: If you are making between 10 and 16#s I stongly recommend the original boost overlay as it has hash marks between the 10 and 16# numbers. The new high boost overlay is really for Cobras making in excess of 16#s and up to 24#s.

03yellow: With the aftermarket blowers in use on these cars boost readings of 20+ are pretty common. I produced this new high boost overlay because I had quite a positive response when I took a poll of the regulars on this board. I'm trying to fill that need. As for the magic marker comment. The pic is actually a preproduction overlay installed on my own 03. The finished product is at the silkscreener and won't be available for about a week. I don't see a problem when the overlay is veiwed from the normal driving position. I doubt anyone else will either.
Thanks, Ray H.

Last edited:

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
A 2.8 upper should make around 15psi. Give or take depending on weather and stuff.
Yeah give or take is right. I've got a 2.76" BF and I calibrated it per the directions. It was dead on I usually see 13.5 sometimes it'll spike up to 14 then (DUE THE FACT OF THE EATON) it'll drop down after about 4.5K-5K RPM. But yeah I've heard of guys making 15 on really nice cool days. And Rays Boost overlay looks very natural in there. If you take your time and line it up nice it'll look like it was there from the day it rolled off the factory. My friend drove my Cobra to pick me up from the airport when I got back from the desert. He wasn't sure but swore something was different to me that just says it looks natural.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
04svtdriver said:
Yeah give or take is right. I've got a 2.76" BF and I calibrated it per the directions. It was dead on I usually see 13.5 sometimes it'll spike up to 14 then (DUE THE FACT OF THE EATON) it'll drop down after about 4.5K-5K RPM. But yeah I've heard of guys making 15 on really nice cool days. And Rays Boost overlay looks very natural in there. If you take your time and line it up nice it'll look like it was there from the day it rolled off the factory. My friend drove my Cobra to pick me up from the airport when I got back from the desert. He wasn't sure but swore something was different to me that just says it looks natural.

I almost always make 13psi with my 2.93" even when it's warm outside. :shrug: Depends on the car too I guess.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Actually Ray,

I ordered one this morning, but after looking at the pic again the 8 doesn't look that great. Is it just the pre prod piece or is that what the final one will look like?

I would be willing to wait for a better looking 8 if possible??

thanks again!

2003 Silver

Banned
If the other overlay was good to 16 and this one really starts at 18...what about us 17 psi whipple guys??

Users who are viewing this thread