High Density Foam - Looking for a pillow for my Shelby

Requis

Established Member
I may get laughed off the board for this one but I heard of a high density foam that you can drive onto that allows you to let your car sit on over the winter without getting a flat spot on your wheels. Looking for a pillow for my Shelby.

Anyone hear about this?

Can Someone post a link?

Cheers,

Requis

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Park it on carpet or padding...thats what i do. Also inflate the tires to max pressure!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The main thing is to get the rubber off of the concrete.

On a car like the GT500 you will wear the tires out LONG before you need to worry about them rotting! ;-) :lol: :p

Requis

Established Member
VelociTT said:

I bought Jack stands..but was advised to just buy the Foam and away I go...for the carpet aspect how much carper are we talking about...and is that include an under pad?

Thanks for the insight!

Cheers,

Requis

Requis

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The main thing is to get the rubber off of the concrete.

On a car like the GT500 you will wear the tires out LONG before you need to worry about them rotting! ;-) :lol: :p

Bruce I meant to get your thoughts on the FAYS 2 Watts system for the Shelby..have you heard anything about this type of system?

Cheers,

Barry

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Requis said:
Bruce I meant to get your thoughts on the FAYS 2 Watts system for the Shelby..have you heard anything about this type of system?

Cheers,

Barry

Barry:

I've heard of them for Gen I's but not the GT500. I have not done much research on the suspension of this car yet. I'm trying to keep it somewhat stock!?! :smmon:

;-) :-D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Barry:

I've heard of them for Gen I's but not the GT500. I have not done much research on the suspension of this car yet. I'm trying to keep it somewhat stock!?! :smmon:

;-) :-D

right!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it Multi Matic (the Boy Racer and Man Racer folks) is working on a GT500 suspension package upgrade. What exactly it will be is yet to be determined. My guess is front struts, rear shocks and four lowering springs with an aggressive rate? This kit will be sold through the Ford Racing Catalog. That's what I think I'm going to hold out for? Those guys know their stuff.

Hope that helps?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Guys, it takes alot longer than a single winter to flatspot your tires. I've got an old charger r/t thats been in storage for 28 years and a dodge stealth that has been stored for 3 years now, and you can store a car for over 5 years without flatspotting them. It does help to move the car from time to time. It took me 10 years of storage to dryrot the tires on my car. If you really worry about it, invest in jackstands, store the tires off the concrete laying flat. Personally though, I'll just leave mine on wheel castors that allow me to move it around without starting the car.

wildosvt04

Established Member
Lord Warlock said:
Guys, it takes alot longer than a single winter to flatspot your tires. I've got an old charger r/t thats been in storage for 28 years and a dodge stealth that has been stored for 3 years now, and you can store a car for over 5 years without flatspotting them. It does help to move the car from time to time. It took me 10 years of storage to dryrot the tires on my car. If you really worry about it, invest in jackstands, store the tires off the concrete laying flat. Personally though, I'll just leave mine on wheel castors that allow me to move it around without starting the car.

When I had my 04 I had ot drive it in the winter. You could feel the flatspots til the tires came up to temp. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread