High horsepower (let's say 700+) guys; do you ever regret it?

CV355

_
Established Member
Policing? No.

Pointing out they obviously struggle controlling the car, at their own admission, and their blatant disregard for common sense, obviously rustled some jimmies as it hit a nerve. Advocating someone be as reckless as they like, clearly doesn't have any regard for putting others at risk because you can't be bothered to adult, as it isn't as exciting.

I get your point, trust me, I really do.

The difference is that we're admitting that we recognize the power levels of these cars, and that they can easily get away from you. Once you respect the car and the limitations, you sort of "self calibrate" to it. Are there bad-seeds who have no business touching anything more powerful than a scooter? Yes. There are also people in 110hp cars that shouldn't have licenses, people that drive drunk, people that drive distracted... that are more of a threat.

Driving a 700hp car like it's a 200hp car isn't reckless.
Driving a 200hp car like it's a 700hp car is.

Kiohtee

Established Member

The difference is that we're admitting that we recognize the power levels of these cars, and that they can easily get away from you. Once you respect the car and the limitations, you sort of "self calibrate" to it. Are there bad-seeds who have no business touching anything more powerful than a scooter? Yes. There are also people in 110hp cars that shouldn't have licenses, people that drive drunk, people that drive distracted... that are more of a threat.

Exactly. He has yet to point out one instance where I have self admitted to struggle to contain my car and where I drive recklessly.

CV355

_
Established Member
Exactly. He has yet to point out one instance where I have self admitted to struggle to contain my car and where I drive recklessly.

You guys need to hug it out haha.

Looking at it from a 3rd perspective, I agree with both of you, just not the argument.

Kiohtee

Established Member
No hard feelings for sure, but I’m not following the logic, and it seems most others aren’t either. Just because the car is capable of being reckless doesn’t mean that’s how I’m driving it.

I only know what it’s capable of because of course I tried it out when it first was completed and I got it back. Doesn’t mean I’m doing rolling burnouts on the way to work or making WOT pulls in 40 degree weather.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Idk. You can't spell coyote, so that could be why.

The older I get, the more I like the idea of a 2500lb 400hp car more than 3800-4k lb 700hp car.

Doing less with more seems to be easier on the wallet/time/mindset. But HP is easy to make now too.

CV355

_
Established Member
Just think, 20-30 years ago, 215hp was nothing to shake a stick at. Now it's pleb-tier.

Yeah, I know, emissions really neutered performance. You don't have people rolling around with 4xx ci carbeurated big blocks farting out 500ft-lbs of torque anymore. How many grandmas out there daily drove a big block in the 60s/70s? Probably more than we'll ever know.

CV355

_
Established Member
No hard feelings for sure, but I’m not following the logic, and it seems most others aren’t either. Just because the car is capable of being reckless doesn’t mean that’s how I’m driving it.

I only know what it’s capable of because of course I tried it out when it first was completed and I got it back. Doesn’t mean I’m doing rolling burnouts on the way to work or making WOT pulls in 40 degree weather.

I see where he is coming from but it comes down to self-control and experience. It's irresponsible to drive a 110hp crapbox with bald tires in the rain, or drive around with burned out lights/blinkers, right? The logic follows that if a condition allows for additional danger in a car, it is also irresponsible to drive with said condition. He's making the argument that too much power is one of those conditions. I've driven unstreetable cars that had no business on the road before. My GT500 is not one of them, and I'm sure you car isn't either. If it can be driven responsibly, and we're not acting dangerous, I see no problem.

Would any of us take a 2000hp 6-second car and drive through the city in it? We can dream about it, but we probably wouldn't actually do it.

At the end of the day, we're all driving something that weighs 3000lbs+ at speeds our bodies weren't made for. Driving is inherently dangerous.

Another angle to look at it from... I almost didn't get my GT500. The moment I called the dealership to buy it, some 16/17 year old kid was sitting there with his mother- she was about to buy it for him. No joke. The father showed up and put an end to that, thankfully. Think about a 16 year old kid getting in a GT500 as a first car. Irresponsible? Totally.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I see where he is coming from but it comes down to self-control and experience. It's irresponsible to drive a 110hp crapbox with bald tires in the rain, or drive around with burned out lights/blinkers, right? The logic follows that if a condition allows for additional danger in a car, it is also irresponsible to drive with said condition. He's making the argument that too much power is one of those conditions. I've driven unstreetable cars that had no business on the road before. My GT500 is not one of them, and I'm sure you car isn't either. If it can be driven responsibly, and we're not acting dangerous, I see no problem.

Would any of us take a 2000hp 6-second car and drive through the city in it? We can dream about it, but we probably wouldn't actually do it.

At the end of the day, we're all driving something that weighs 3000lbs+ at speeds our bodies weren't made for. Driving is inherently dangerous.

Another angle to look at it from... I almost didn't get my GT500. The moment I called the dealership to buy it, some 16/17 year old kid was sitting there with his mother- she was about to buy it for him. No joke. The father showed up and put an end to that, thankfully. Think about a 16 year old kid getting in a GT500 as a first car. Irresponsible? Totally.

It would make more sense to me if I were actually that guy riding around as a moving violation (lack of lights, tires with wires showing, etc.), but I'm not, and an opinion can't be formed on that basis. But anyway, throwback to 9/18 when he thought my 70-140 video "looks slow." Post 5.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/70-140-in-a-twin-turbo-mustang-gt-815rwhp-833rwtq.1165173/

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

The power and everything that comes with it, is obviously not being recognized. OP and many others have this "**** everyone else" attitude, I guarantee the idiots we see every year at Mustang week wrecking, and hitting others say/act the exact same way. Tell me the examples below are those of someone who respects and isn't being a child.

I don't have examples because of how safe you are, oh wait...

From Captain safety here:
I regret it from the point of view that I can no longer actually drive my car on public roads without situations getting real, quick. Of course if I drive it like a normal human and at stock levels all is fine, but...

A three or four second romp from 60MPH is now automatic jail time, suspension of license, etc. Plus the fact that if I'm not on a drag radial, anything more than half throttle and I'm performing 100MPH rolling burnouts.

But whoever brought up the 600cc vs 1000cc bike comparison is spot on. My car is a daily driver with over 800 horsepower. Now granted it's not on a sticky tire at the moment and that could solve the majority of the skating around at triple digits, but I guess I'm talking more about the window of error that comes at upper horsepower levels. And remember, too, this is my first rodeo. And while it's true you can get nabbed speeding in anything, I don't have a lead foot issue as it's not like I'm getting nailed every so often going to work or running around town.

It's just a lot of car for the street is all, especially on a daily basis and being addicted to going fast. I have a dedicated daily, but I just can't do boring. Lol

I didn't feel like spending the money for a radial (regardless of Nitto, MT, etc.) when the temps are still in the 40s and 50s. It just seems like wasted money to me.Now a little later this month or sometime in May, our weather should change for good. I mean heck, we were just getting snow late last week, which is rare in NC.

FJohnny

Established Member
Lol. That was a good read.

My 2nd grade teacher, a really beautiful Japanese woman who I really liked, told the class a story one day. She said that when people argued and called each other names it often meant that they were really attracted to each other. I remember that story to this day.

I'm not naming names, but based on her theory there have been times reading all of this that I half expected a couple of people to drop into a 69 at any moment.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The power and everything that comes with it, is obviously not being recognized. OP and many others have this "**** everyone else" attitude, I guarantee the idiots we see every year at Mustang week wrecking, and hitting others say/act the exact same way. Tell me the examples below are those of someone who respects and isn't being a child.

I don't have examples because of how safe you are, oh wait...

From Captain safety here:

Are you actually this dense, or are you portraying your shortcomings onto others to make yourself feel better? It's like you highlighted the parts you deemed important, while throwing the rest of the context completely out of the equation. I can't argue with someone who only reads and understands what they want to, as there is no winning with an idiot. Nonetheless, look at your stance IN THIS THREAD on page two versus now, where you were calling me a beta for even thinking of this thread! LMAO

Screw-Rice said:
This, since when is fear of tickets a main reason for not wanting to make more than a certain power level? Lot of the times, the issue is a car isn't built as being a street car in mind, and it's just to chase a number, making it unusable 90% of the time.

Anyway, please extend your reach of reckless moron to anybody else in this thread who has driven a high horsepower car on the streets. I'll help you by tagging them. @MG0h3 @03 Cobra DSG @Booky @Chancey @raustin0017 @BigPoppa @9397SVTs @gimmie11s (I stopped after page two). In case you guys are wondering why I tagged you, you're reckless morons with your cars since they make decent power and you drive them around other living beings!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Lol. That was a good read.

My 2nd grade teacher, a really beautiful Japanese woman who I really liked, told the class a story one day. She said that when people argued and called each other names it often meant that they were really attracted to each other. I remember that story to this day.

I'm not naming names, but based on her theory there have been times reading all of this that I half expected a couple of people to drop into a 69 at any moment.

Only if he offers first!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Are you actually this dense, or are you portraying your shortcomings onto others to make yourself feel better? It's like you highlighted the parts you deemed important, while throwing the rest of the context completely out of the equation. I can't argue with someone who only reads and understands what they want to, as there is no winning with an idiot. Nonetheless, look at your stance IN THIS THREAD on page two versus now, where you were calling me a beta for even thinking of this thread! LMAO

Anyway, please extend your reach of reckless moron to anybody else in this thread who has driven a high horsepower car on the streets. I'll help you by tagging them. @MG0h3 @03 Cobra DSG @Booky @Chancey @raustin0017 @BigPoppa @9397SVTs @gimmie11s (I stopped after page two). In case you guys are wondering why I tagged you, you're reckless morons with your cars since they make decent power and you drive them around other living beings!
You're the expert kid, just be sure to keep the tank full, go out Paul Walker style like a hero.

boduke0220

Established Member
Maturity has nothing to do with age. I was jumping out of helicopters at 19 and now at 27 Im a financial analyst with a 401k, etc etc. I daily drove my 850rwhp Whipple S550 rain or shine. Staying out of boost was easy and I went days without hitting boost. car drove like stock. only issue was going through a tank of E85 every 3-4 days lol.

so in conclusion, I don't think 600+ is too much to DD. but it does open up a can of worms for a dick measuring contest. because if you have 600, someone else will have 650, so you will have to have 700, then someone will have 750, and so on and so forth. I have Blower kit for my Boss in my bedroom and haven't even put it on yet because I know as soon as I do ill be getting DM's wanting to run lol cough cough @Kiohtee

its nice to be able to enjoy as car without constantly wanting to tweak it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Maturity has nothing to do with age. I was jumping out of helicopters at 19 and now at 27 Im a financial analyst with a 401k, etc etc. I daily drove my 850rwhp Whipple S550 rain or shine. Staying out of boost was easy and I went days without hitting boost. car drove like stock. only issue was going through a tank of E85 every 3-4 days lol.

so in conclusion, I don't think 600+ is too much to DD. but it does open up a can of worms for a dick measuring contest. because if you have 600, someone else will have 650, so you will have to have 700, then someone will have 750, and so on and so forth. I have Blower kit for my Boss in my bedroom and haven't even put it on yet because I know as soon as I do ill be getting DM's wanting to run lol cough cough @Kiohtee

its nice to be able to enjoy as car without constantly wanting to tweak it.

All I got from that was that you want to get gapped. You want that 1/8th, 1/4 or 1/2 mile? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread