High hp car relocation control arm brackets?

Flaco1

Established Member
Looking to see what kind of relocation brackets you running ? Mods in signature. I have the steeda ones welded on and they twisted causing the diff to shift out of place and ended up damaging my drive shaft. After getting my new driveshaft back and trying to install it I found something was wrong. I started looking at my rear suspension and found that the brackets had twisted out of place. The welds look good. I was looking at the bmr ones or any one you recommend. But wanted to make sure before I order them. I don't see much of the track but maybe like 4 times a year if that.

Flaco1

Established Member
Good question. I would have to look at them again. But definitely something out of wack. Would I be able to see them twisted if that's the problem?

vettekillr~

Established Member
I've never heard of the brackets twisting. A lot of the higher hp cars around here run these brackets along with myself and we've never had any problems with them :beer:

darreng505

Established Member
I've never heard of the brackets twisting. A lot of the higher hp cars around here run these brackets along with myself and we've never had any problems with them :beer:
^^^^
Not another "i see youre asking about a problem but the rest of us dont have that problem" post. Annoying.

Anyway. OP. How about a pic? Then we can try to help you further.

twistedneck

Established Member
I have the BMR ones and they are solid - I run on 275/50/15 Hoosier drag radials with a mt82 dumping the clutch wildly - not hooking better than a 1.8 60' though.

I agree that there is not nearly as much force on the bracket that there is on the axles to twist. are yours welded? do you notice the tires getting super close to the front quarter panel edge?

vettekillr~

Established Member
^^^^
Not another "i see youre asking about a problem but the rest of us dont have that problem" post. Annoying.

Anyway. OP. How about a pic? Then we can try to help you further.
He stated he wasn't sure about the problem, I was just stating my experience with the one that he thinks he's having a issue with.

darreng505

Established Member
He stated he wasn't sure about the problem, I was just stating my experience with the one that he thinks he's having a issue with.

He said his bracket was twisted. Why not try to help if youre gonna post. People have engine trouble too but if all i posted was "mine works fine" - not useful. Just a thought....

Flaco1

Established Member
Put the car back up in the air and look at axles tubes and no signs of them twisting or moving out of place. My brackets are welded on. Looks like both of the brackets twisting inwards toward the diff. I took some pics but hard to say. I tried to post them up but having a hard time doing it. I can email them to someone so they can post them up. I can honestly say I never felt the car dead hook of the line. I've rolled it off the line and then get on it once it's moving. Even on the street. Spins the tires more then anything since there are 20in drag radials.

CPRsm

Good question. I would have to look at them again. But definitely something out of wack. Would I be able to see them twisted if that's the problem?

Yeah you'll see it. The bracket the arm is attached to, will be at a different angle from one side to the next. More than likely the problem if your axles weren't welded

Flaco1

Established Member
Here are some pics

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 112
  • photo_002.jpg
    photo_002.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 99
  • photo_003.jpg
    photo_003.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 105
  • photo_004.jpg
    photo_004.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 96

CPRsm

The driver side looks cocked WAY forward. Is the other like that? Did this just get installed? Looks like the angles weren't my compared before welding, because the brackets itself looks in good shape.
Guessing that tire is farther back than the passenger side. If the tube had slipped, you see the tire push forward

Flaco1

Established Member
The passenger side looks the same. Had them install a year in half ago. My driveshaft started to make noise. So I took it off and got it repair. The cv was bad. Once I got it back I start to install it and notice something was wrong. Both tires measure the same distance on both side. Nothing looks out place to me besides the brackets unless the tubes slip out of place and I can't notice them. When I installed the brackets I did like the instruction said. I installed them with the car load down to ride height and weld them.

Users who are viewing this thread