High mile issues

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Hey all,

I’m starting to reach the end of my extended warranty on my 2013 GT500. just got it back for a total
diff rebuild, wheel hub, and A/C fix under warranty.

I’ve been daily driving mine for years at this point. I have 94,xxx on it. I don’t race, I average 16-18mpg overall even with some traffic. Love the car but starting to think about what-ifs.

mainly worried about potential high priced engine issues. The rest of the car is pretty easy to find parts for and work on. The trinity is not.

I see there’s lots of blown motors and cracked crank snouts on modded cars but mine has been 100% stock since the day it rolled off the line.

So what all should I be aware of nearing the 100k mark? Am I rolling the dice with an impending catastrophic $10,000 rebuild in my future?

Attachments

• A6E6AF51-54BA-4C8A-858F-8D1DA76F4A7C.jpeg
    A6E6AF51-54BA-4C8A-858F-8D1DA76F4A7C.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 84

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Keep enjoying it. She'll go another 100k easy daily driving it. Good to see some out there using their Shelby.

Looks good!
Im hoping! we have shared a lot of dings, dents, and good times. And I basically owe nothing on it. But the potential bill has me worried!

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Honestly man, I’ve had my fair share of issues with mine. However the motor itself has had no issues. Keep up on maintenance and she’ll be good for a long long time man.
I think everything but the motor, tranny, and drive shaft has been changed via warranty at this point. So hoping I beat the odds

LS WUT

Established Member
Well that’s good then, those have stayed strong since day 1. That’s gotta stand for something. I’d say you have the higher mileage one on here for sure. I’m behind you a little bit.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Well that’s good then, those have stayed strong since day 1. That’s gotta stand for something. I’d say you have the higher mileage one on here for sure. I’m behind you a little bit.
its been DD‘ed for years. I’m finally out of school (we’ll sort of but close enough) so I don’t drive every day since I WFH some days currently. Guess I’ll fingers crossed and see how she does lol

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Oh nice dude you live in Miami. That’s what’s up! I’m sued it will be fine man. Have faith in ol girl
I did! I moved up to North Georgia this past year. out in the country side now so only traffic I see is of I go into Atlanta (the few times i do)

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hey all,

I’m starting to reach the end of my extended warranty on my 2013 GT500. just got it back for a total
diff rebuild, wheel hub, and A/C fix under warranty.

I’ve been daily driving mine for years at this point. I have 94,xxx on it. I don’t race, I average 16-18mpg overall even with some traffic. Love the car but starting to think about what-ifs.

mainly worried about potential high priced engine issues. The rest of the car is pretty easy to find parts for and work on. The trinity is not.

I see there’s lots of blown motors and cracked crank snouts on modded cars but mine has been 100% stock since the day it rolled off the line.

So what all should I be aware of nearing the 100k mark? Am I rolling the dice with an impending catastrophic $10,000 rebuild in my future?
I think youll be completely find engine wise (properly tuned) if you keep the power levels below 800 RWHP.

Stock its really not even a discussion imo.

svt662

Established Member
Lots of miles and smiles you have enjoyed your Shelby unlike me with just smiles and no miles. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread