High power terminators

VNMUS03

Established Member
I’ve never seen anyone post on driving or tips on driving high power terminators. I know a lot of people make drastic jumps with these cars, stock to 700+ cars. Any driving tips you seasoned guys can share in that respect. 600-750+rwhp cobras. Street driving lol

MG0h3

Established Member
You’ll be fine. Just run a good drag radial. My car is very predictable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
With a good tune they can drive like stock. Having that kind of power kinda humbled me in the sense of going fast. Nailing it on a long on ramp and rowing the gears, I’d be going twice the posted speed limit before even entering the freeway. Passing someone in 4th gear and just feeling frisky and letting her scream will land you triple digits in seconds (that got me in trouble once).
My advice is there’s a time and place for everything. Make sure the nose is pointed straight when you go WOT and get a good pair of drag radials like MTs or Hoosiers. And prepare to replace them every 3000-5000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think Roy hit the high points. With that kind of power things happen quickly. Always make sure you know what's coming up because you're going to be at that point before you know it. And tires and suspension make a big difference. I had crappy tires on my 01 after I put a Vortech on it. After an involuntary lane change when I punched it I went back to drag radials.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Toyo R888 here. No issues. Biggest mod I needed to do was switch to the 2000R Brembo upgrade. The PBR calipers just can’t keep up. I already did the full tilt IRS kit and that helps get it to the ground with good tires.

Driving tip - don’t lose respect for the power. That’s when you make mistakes.

702whp/690wtq VMP TVS

MG0h3

Established Member
I think 19 on E is 660-675. Seems like 21-22 on E is needed for 700. Who knows. That may even be quicker than a 700+ car that spins. I can't floor it in 2nd ever. Once I get through like 4500 I can stab if it hasn't let go already though. Gotta do it just right and have momentum though.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I think 19 on E is 660-675. Seems like 21-22 on E is needed for 700. Who knows. That may even be quicker than a 700+ car that spins. I can't floor it in 2nd ever. Once I get through like 4500 I can stab if it hasn't let go already though. Gotta do it just right and have momentum though.

What tires are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GodStang

Established Member
As said above roll into it. I can still easily break traction at 80mphs with ET streets on normal roads. Always need to be aware. If you look for the most part it's the guys with eaton cars crashing because they don't think they have enough power to respect it.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Leave it at home when the weather is bad. Dont drive it when you are upset or distracted. It will kick your A if you are not paying full attention. All mistakes are amplified.

cj428mach

Established Member
The important thing is if it gets risky or you have doubts let out of the throttle. If not you end up like all those guys on Mustang Week Videos.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I can simple say these cars at 600+ rwhp are crazy dangerous around corners and get squirrely under hard throttle. That's what makes them fun.

I never have my foot all the way down in first or beginng of second.
They are a blast to drive but can be difficult to have full control when really pushing it. You get used to it after a while and it's get boring.
As why I'm looking to add e85 to the car for some extra fun.

If your going to mess around make sure it's on the back roads with no one around.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Got to know where you are pointed when you hit the loud pedal. Those car show guys are not straightened out and before they hit it and makes for great viewing!

MG0h3

Established Member
Got to know where you are pointed when you hit the loud pedal. Those car show guys are not straightened out and before they hit it and makes for great viewing!

That and they just floor it and don’t let out.

Inexperience and the need to show off don’t mix!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

big dad

Established Member
The important thing is if it gets risky or you have doubts let out of the throttle. If not you end up like all those guys on Mustang Week Videos.

Plus push in the clutch and put in neutral quickly. Spinning isn't winning.

Forgot to add that my experiences over the past decades and many high powered cars has conditioned me to do this just by nature, it's saved my ass on more than one occasion, these cars are known to be tail happy just by their nature.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
It’s all in your right foot lol. You can’t stab it like u can in a pulley car. Roll on throttle

Jesus lord this so ****ing much.

People think ‘going fast’ is just stabbing the throttle and that’s it. Pedaling it is 50% if not more of getting the car to move efficiently.

‘Why did i light the tires up?!’

Cuz, bubba you gotta EASE into it...:D

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting, some are breaking tires loose at a higher mph. In the video I posted it was probably a 60-65 degree morning. Temps and road conditions play a big roll if I'll get traction.

I have new r888 going on once my clutch is broke in.

Maybe my car is a "slouch'"?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Interesting, some are breaking tires loose at a higher mph. In the video I posted it was probably a 60-65 degree morning. Temps and road conditions play a big roll if I'll get traction.

I have new r888 going on once my clutch is broke in.

Maybe my car is a "slouch'"?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I doubt the car is a slouch. It's like you said. Road surface, temps, and overall conditions play a part. I've learned to get a couple miles on the drag radials before I start messing around. Cold drag radials can get loose.

Users who are viewing this thread