Highest speed you get your tires loose??

Z O SICK

Established Member
Stock tires i can break loose 1st and 2nd no problem. Too much wheel hop so i get out of it. With my BFG's DR's i hook up pretty good when they are warm.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Broke em loose in 5th gear at 120mph. over 700rwhp. KB at 21psi, ported/polished heads, blower cams, kooks long tubes on BFG drag radials.. Did it with Johnny Lightning in the car and did it again with HISSSNSVT in the car. Just took off the 2.2 KB and ready to throw on the 2.4 kb and full tubular front end..
This car can lay down posi rubber at 100 plus mph as long as you hold the go fast pedal down... It scares the hell out of me..

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I had mine get sideways on a skinny two lane with no shoulders next to a car I was passing in 4th @ 80 on dry pavement. Toyo T1-S's were on it and it was about 45 degrees out. Now with the 555RII's on she'll spin in first cold and dance a bit going into 2nd.

04torchred

Established Member
JRS BLOWN SNAKE said:
Broke em loose in 5th gear at 120mph. over 700rwhp. KB at 21psi, ported/polished heads, blower cams, kooks long tubes on BFG drag radials.. Did it with Johnny Lightning in the car and did it again with HISSSNSVT in the car. Just took off the 2.2 KB and ready to throw on the 2.4 kb and full tubular front end..
This car can lay down posi rubber at 100 plus mph as long as you hold the go fast pedal down... It scares the hell out of me..

When it doesn't scare you it is time to get out of it. At least when it scares you, there is some respect for the car. I hope I can lay rubber at 100mph one day.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
On 2 passes with F1's I went thru the traps going 90 and 91 spining thru 3rd.
I have a dynoday video of me spining the tires on the dyno.
I still get a grin everytime I see it.

Just proves how crappy F1's are. It's a worthless tire.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
Weird... I would be pissed if I had big power and just kept losing traction. What a waste. Racing is all about getting power TO THE GROUND, not about spinning my tires loose on the road. Surprisingly, if I put bald Eagles on my ride, and then drive through water, then it will spin spin spin in any gear...

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
numbaonestunna said:
Weird... I would be pissed if I had big power and just kept losing traction. What a waste. Racing is all about getting power TO THE GROUND, not about spinning my tires loose on the road. Surprisingly, if I put bald Eagles on my ride, and then drive through water, then it will spin spin spin in any gear...

Yep, makes me wonder if I really wanna turn mine up anymore as I can just hook now after heating the Nitto's. Another 100 or so and I'll be feathering through 1st & 2nd again. :shrug:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
A couple of weeks ago the temps were in the high 20's and I was going to work. I have Nitto 315 DRs and just got my 2.93 pulley on not too long ago, but it doesn't get that cold too often here in Texas. I was getting on the highway making my usual swing wide and straight into the fast lane. There was a car already in that lane a ways back, but coming on strong so I just punched it at about 4500 RPMs going around 60 MPH and my tires broke loose and started swinging wide towards the emergency lane. After I almost crapped in my pants, I clutched it and switched gears. Thinking I would be fine from there I punched it again to stay out of the cars way still coming on behind me and the tires cut loose again. After I got it under control I did have to give out a big "HOT D@MN!" to myself for cutting them loose at 65 or so. I can only immagine what the guy behind me thought! :thumbsup:

Man - I LOVE this car.

Later,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread