Hillbilly Exhaust

007jerry

Established Member
Had some custom muffler deletes installed by a local muffler shop. They cost me $40 dollars total and I saved 22 pounds. My friend at work gave me his stock mufflers from his 2007 GT to cut up, so I still have my stock mufflers. I just couldn't see paying $400+ for a set of muffler deletes from Roush, etc. I am very pleased with the results.

mufflerdeletes003.th.jpg

mufflerdeletes001.th.jpg

ImageShack® - Register

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Yep...looks like about $40 worth of exhaust work...congrats? :shrug:

007jerry

Established Member
Yes kinda poking fun at myself, hence the title "Hillbilly exhaust". I was kind of back and forth on what to do to my exhaust. We have inspection sticker's that you have to get here every year. I had a 97 Cobra that every year when it came time to get a new sticker I would have to take my off-road X pipe off and put the stock converters back on to pass. I did not want to go through that with this car. It also seems like just an axle back did not give the sound that I and most people are looking for on the S197's(too quiet). So I came up with the idea of doing these "custom" muffler delete's. The other point I wanted to make was to show everyone that it is not necessary to pay $400+ dollars for Roush or Magnaflow deletes. This is something that an exhaust shop can do very cheap and very quick(less than an hour). And I lost around 22 pound's off the car as a bonus!

I am verrrrrry pleased with the sound. I was afraid that it would sound like a dump truck. When you start it up and let it idle it is definitely a notch or so above stock. Driving down the road with the windows up you can hear it more but not to the point that it is annoying. When I get on it some it is loud enough that I need a smaller pulley now because it is drowning out the sound of my stock unpullied supercharger! Still not near as loud as my off road X-piped 97 Cobra with flows. I will try and work on a video(no promise's as I am a newb at things like that).

mullens

Established Member
Frankensaust.

I give you points for originality, but it is a 50k car. As long as your happy...

Users who are viewing this thread