Hissing sound

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Friend of mine has an 03 cobra and says he thinks he may have a vacuum leak up around the drivers side of the motor top near the supercharger there is a constant hissing sound.
Any known problems in this area, with bad lines or fittings?

Says its doing it at idle not an exhaust leak or the tire its at the drivers side top of the motor just a steady hiss on a stock car.

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
has he done any work on the car recently in that area? If he has a vacuum leak the car will be idleing really high and seem like it is cammed. Tell him to check all the wires coming out of the back of the blower and add hose clamps to them if he has them already. I here hissing at idle but is my intake :D

Here is a pic:

hoseclamps.gif

Last edited:

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Ok I will, I just talked to him on the phone again, he also does have a JLT CAI though the hissing sound is comeing from the drivers side not the intake side and it more so sounds like an air hose leaking, low slow steady hiss, car is normal operating temp. no accessories on hood up..no work done recently.
says it sounds like it is comeing from the black can type thing on the drivers side next to the charger above the injectors.

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Ok I will, I just talked to him on the phone again, he also does have a JLT CAI though the hissing sound is comeing from the drivers side not the intake side and it more so sounds like an air hose leaking, low slow steady hiss, car is normal operating temp. no accessories on hood up..no work done recently.
says it sounds like it is comeing from the black can type thing on the drivers side next to the charger above the injectors.

He needs to re adjust it then. It is coming from were that lever sits on top.. I can't describe it:bash:.. Someone else can chime in

spincobra03

Established Member
Is he having any trouble getting the car in 1st and or reverse? only reason I ask is because I am having the same sort of noise and I believe there is a clutch issue and a throw out bearing problem. But im not sure, describing noises is difficult because everyone has a different opinion of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread