History channel has old Mustangs on a program. HORRIBLE!!

QUIKAG

Established Member
Gawd, the 70's and 80's were some ROUGH times for American manufacturer's. Looking at the 1978 Mustang King Cobra. :xpl: :xpl: The other late 70's, early 80's Mustangs... :xpl: :xpl: :xpl:

Gawd, they have close-ups of all the cars and the quality is absolutey horrible. The offerings from Dodge and GM were just as bad..

We're living in some pretty damn good times as the quality of the new Kia, Hyundai, Daewoo's, etc. are vastly superior to what was offered back then... :beer:

Another thing I realized is that the interior of the Mustang has not changed since '94. What the hell? So, ten years on an interior with only minor cosmetic changes all those years? Sad that the new $35k '03 Cobra has practically the same interior as a near 10 year old Mustang..

One more thing...while 10 years is a long time, it's not that out of the ordinary for some previous American products from all 3 major manufacturers, so don't think I'm specifically targeting the Mustang...

Last edited:

GoatDaddy

IMO, all Mustangs from, say, 71 to about 83ish should be hunted down, no matter where or in what condition, and recycled into useful things, like beer cans.

I'm dying for another 67 coupe.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'd be happy to make your wish come true:) But if you are dead what will you do with the 67? Casket? Goat gift? Or I could drive it for the Mrs.:D

Last edited:

GoatDaddy

I just can't picture you in a chauffeur's outfit.

do you still have that sheep costume I made for you out of the sheepskin seat covers?? You looked so cute in that.

GoatDaddy

remember how I'd put on my straw hat and chase you around the room? and you'd gallop around on all fours bleating B-E-E-E-E-E-N-N-N. S-T-O-O-O-P-P-P.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Kia?

Kia, Hyundia, and Daewoo?? What kinda drugs have have you been consuming??:beer:

Please don't destroy any '71 Boss 351/Boss429's. Plus the Fox Mustang was introduced in 1979. Why not amend the destruction to 1973-1978 iron??:shrug:

GoatDaddy

Re: Kia?

Originally posted by 1995COBRA-R
Kia, Hyundia, and Daewoo?? What kinda drugs have have you been consuming??:beer:

Please don't destroy any '71 Boss 351/Boss429's. Plus the Fox Mustang was introduced in 1979. Why not amend the destruction to 1973-1978 iron??:shrug:

You're right about the early Foxes. Amended.
But IMO the Mustangs after 70 started to get pretty hideous.

QUIKAG

Established Member
I meant the Mustangs basically after emissions standards hit. :D The early 70's were pretty cool, though it was a few years before my time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by snail50
remember how I'd put on my straw hat and chase you around the room? and you'd gallop around on all fours bleating B-E-E-E-E-E-N-N-N. S-T-O-O-O-P-P-P.

:uh oh:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by QUIKAG
Gawd, the 70's and 80's were some ROUGH times for American manufacturer's. Looking at the 1978 Mustang King Cobra. :xpl: :xpl: The other late 70's, early 80's Mustangs... :xpl: :xpl: :xpl:

Gawd, they have close-ups of all the cars and the quality is absolutey horrible. The offerings from Dodge and GM were just as bad..

We're living in some pretty damn good times as the quality of the new Kia, Hyundai, Daewoo's, etc. are vastly superior to what was offered back then... :beer:

Another thing I realized is that the interior of the Mustang has not changed since '94. What the hell? So, ten years on an interior with only minor cosmetic changes all those years? Sad that the new $35k '03 Cobra has practically the same interior as a near 10 year old Mustang..

One more thing...while 10 years is a long time, it's not that out of the ordinary for some previous American products from all 3 major manufacturers, so don't think I'm specifically targeting the Mustang...

79 actually started the first fox'es... I dont think they were all that bad.

Cant speak on behalf of the mustang II though... hehehe :xpl:

03DOHC

Established Member
The new Mustang should be completely redesigned so you wont have to worry about a 12 year old Mustang interior anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread