Hit 160mph yesterday

B

blown03cobra

Yes, You heard it,,, rev limiter is set at 160...... please no flaming yet :burn: I will have video available as soon as I have EVILCARTMAN host it. Please be patient :beer:

mosconiac

Established Member
Wasn't the '03 to be electronically governed at 155mph?

Oops, maybe that "feature" didn't make it into the EEC?

B

blown03cobra

I dontknow, my friend has the tape and when I hit 160 I BELIVE, keyword BELIVE I was at 5200 +or- RPMS. The limiter was very soft, no major fuel shutoff like with thetraction control so I do belive it is electronic.

a94cobra

Established Member
Or is the guage off by that much. Someone will have to try it with the dash in diagnostic mode on the speed reading.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
This will be nice to see...how many miles you got on the car?? any break in period??

mosconiac

Established Member
Originally posted by Wanna_Stang
EviilCartman didnt host his video... i hosted it for him....

Where is it? Is it on the site in your signature???

TIA, Mosconiac

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
I sure as hell wouldn't be doing 160mph in a Cobra. One little thing goes wrong and you are cleared for takeoff. Even my R with all the downforce enhancements that it has, makes me quite nervous. Please be careful.

Evilcartman

Established Member
I have to convert the D8 tape into MPEG and then I will set it up to post it. I will be busy this weekend busy but I will try to get it ready. I will PM you wanna_stang.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Dam Nic how do you fit your balls in the front seat of that car lol.BTW where did you trim 155lbs off that baby?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
:read:
160 mph on a nascar track would be scary enough, let alone on the highway.

black03SVT

Established Member
160 m-p-hs that is awsome!

Just to let you guys know, a jumbo jet takes off at 175mph.
:burnout:

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Listen, I am not trying to flame you, but they are limited to 155mph. Maybe your speedo is wrong. Did you change your gears and not recalibrate? This is a quote taken from Motor Trend:

No question, the heart of the new Cobra is its supercharged DOHC 4.6L V-8. The belt-driven Roots-type blower pumps in about 8 psi of boost, and the force-fed 4.6 returns 390 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque. That closely matches the power of the naturally aspirated but bigger DOHC 5.4L V-8 in the $55,000 Cobra R. We'll need our test equipment and a free hand with the car to know how the acceleration compares (we did a 4.4-sec 0-60 in the R-model tested for our April 2000 issue), but note this: The new Cobra has to be electronically limited to 155 mph. It lacks the huge rear-deck wing that sticks the R's tail to the road. Ungoverned, insiders say, the new SVT Cobra might soar above 175 mph. Indeed, it might literally fly, which is not a good thing.

I don't see how you got to 160.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by svt-tmleader
Listen, I am not trying to flame you, but they are limited to 155mph. Maybe your speedo is wrong. Did you change your gears and not recalibrate? This is a quote taken from Motor Trend:

I don't see how you got to 160.

Frequently car mags incorrectly state limiter facts. Whenever I see "drag limited" or "electronically limited" I take it with a grain of salt. Only when speed is limited by gears is there no room for squeeze. I can defintitely believe the car went 5mph over the stated limiter speed.....

According to MT the Corvette Vert is "drag limited" to 162, and when I had one I went 168(I know I know...another Vette comment, sorry, it's my only frame of reference):D

:beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
YOu gotta remember that speedos, can be off by as much as 10% at high speeds 160*.10%=144 mph or even 5% would be 152 mph, still very very fast, I bet you were in the neighbor hood of 150-155, just a guess though.

-Zach

BTW those are some big balls you got there :D

Users who are viewing this thread