Hit and Run in LA

Torchy

Established Member
There is some money in that car! Hmm who has twins on a 13+ coyote in LA? Pretty crazy that the driver just abandoned his car like that.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I dont condone street racing but there is nowhere near enough details here. The mustang was doing a burnout and went into crowd? And were the people killed/hurt passing by or were they part of the crowd watching the street races? If this area has that much history of street racing why are the cops not there all the time? Not trying to be that guy but seems like police neglected the area and look what happened. Also the police in the video is an idiot. That mustang has big and littles and is probably set up for drag racing but yes should have been at the local drag strip. I am sorry one person lost their life and others are injured but I believe police are at fault and also if the people were standing on the sidewalk watching street racing they know that something like this can happen

Torchy

Established Member
It's pretty normal for known areas to not be patrolled all the time. I do agree that there are some missing details.

MTBSully

Established Member
I dont condone street racing but there is nowhere near enough details here. The mustang was doing a burnout and went into crowd? And were the people killed/hurt passing by or were they part of the crowd watching the street races? If this area has that much history of street racing why are the cops not there all the time? Not trying to be that guy but seems like police neglected the area and look what happened. Also the police in the video is an idiot. That mustang has big and littles and is probably set up for drag racing but yes should have been at the local drag strip. I am sorry one person lost their life and others are injured but I believe police are at fault and also if the people were standing on the sidewalk watching street racing they know that something like this can happen

Still a hit and run.....

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

The police are at fault because the driver made a conscious decision to street race, didn't lift when the ass end got loose and killed two people?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You can see them sticking up on either side of the engine...

scott_0

Established Member
Im sure the owner reported it stolen shortly after he arrived back home after running from the scene, but if he used a cell phone to report and called from near the scene, he'll be ****ed! Ive watched street racing videos where dumb ass spectators stand in front of the cars racing, they move out of the way as the cars leave the line smh, clearly thats not the case here, damn shame

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Someone has to know who's car this is. How many SG helion GT's could there be running around in the LA area?

scott_0

Established Member
Someone has to know who's car this is. How many SG helion GT's could there be running around in the LA area?
in all fairness, LA is obviously a huge city and there lots of car people in that state, that being said, he left the ****ing car there, its a matter of time before they know who the registered owner is, hell a matter of seconds, even if the plates were removed, you run the VIN and that will provide owner information, but as I said above, the coward most likely reported it stolen right afterwards

scott_0

Established Member
Maybe because bias in the back and wide street radials in the front...:shrug:

Those rears look like 29's
think that would only be an issue on the top end, looks as if he was only out about what 200-300ft tops before losing it?

B0B

Established Member
Or shoulda not raced on a public street. He ended someone elses life, its only fair.

Absolutely. He's screwed and so are the families of the people who died. Unfortunately, they were there spectating that illegal race and therefore willingly putting themselves at risk. I used to have friends invite me to street races and I refused to go race or even go spectate. Both are illegal here, and its for a good reason.

Torchy

Established Member
think that would only be an issue on the top end, looks as if he was only out about what 200-300ft tops before losing it?

Hmm good call. I missed that. It does look like he launched and car went hard right. Pretty crazy in that short distance that it could do that much damage to the unfortunate 3. Kinda odd that the car is facing the way it is in relation to where it started.

Users who are viewing this thread