Hit and Run in LA

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No think about it. Look at that street. It has constant street racing marks and people know it. Nobody gives 2 cents about it until somebody DIES then it's a big deal. My god this is 2015 set up cameras for crying out loud. My point isn't that the cops caused it but they knew it was a common area for street racing. They were well aware and neglected it then somebody dies and now they notice it.

Like I said above speed cameras would end that activity asap and sorry you feel I need meds when there is a clear solution. I would still like to know if the people standing on the side were part of street racing or not.

1. How do you know that the cops didn't patrol through there 20 minutes before?

2. Put up cameras and people will be bitching about "Big brother", their privacy, harassment, etc.....

Cops had nothing to do with this and it isn't their fault for not having the area staked out.
It is no ones fault but the driver of the car.

Now for my soap box.
This is what happens when experience (Or lack of) meet HP.
Back in the day we started with 14sec, then 12 then 10 then 9 then faster.
After 12 seconds you were on the track always.
We built experience and got faster.

Now you have 20 yr olds buying a car and bolting twins on and their first real car is 700HP.

Those who asked "How does he lose it with those tires"
You can lose it at the track even if you drift out of the groove. on the street it is worse.
The hellcat will be another example. How long was it before we saw the first one wrecked? Not long.

And people wonder why the NHRA sent letters to all the Street Outlaw guys?
I have no love for the NHRA but they were right in how they handled that situation.

BTW, there is a thread already in SD for those who with to get uglier.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Looks like they already posted the 2 guys that passed away. One of them had an SRT 4 I believe and the other a sweet white GT-R.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That guy had to be a member here, maybe people that know are being hush hush, fleeing from the scene is even worse.

You think someone handed Toretto keys to their Supra so he could get away?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That guy had to be a member here, maybe people that know are being hush hush, fleeing from the scene is even worse.

As shitty as it is, I am cracking up right now.

Mystic03

Established Member
+1 hes definetly a member here or someone knows who that is...shame what happend! but noob question..bias ply with front radials is a bad mix?

Torchy

Established Member

Well us Hellion TT guys all kinda talk to each other and I've never seen that car. I know that doesn't mean much tho.

From what I've gathered and meeting other people, there are more TT coyote guys not online than are.

oldmodman

Established Member
If he street races a lot he most likely had someone else buy the car, then sell it from a Craigslist ad.

Private sale, since the racer never intended to register the car at all (it would never pass SMOG in California) there will be no trace possible. He just flushes two lives and 60K down the toilet.

Unless he did something incredibly stupid like leave paperwork of some kind in the car when he bailed, or left fingerprints and he has been previously arrested so he can be traced he might never get caught.

Unless he starts bragging about getting away with he might avoid a near life sentence.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
If he street races a lot he most likely had someone else buy the car, then sell it from a Craigslist ad.

Private sale, since the racer never intended to register the car at all (it would never pass SMOG in California) there will be no trace possible. He just flushes two lives and 60K down the toilet.

Unless he did something incredibly stupid like leave paperwork of some kind in the car when he bailed, or left fingerprints and he has been previously arrested so he can be traced he might never get caught.

Unless he starts bragging about getting away with he might avoid a near life sentence.

:dw: You do this before???

oldmodman

Established Member
:dw: You do this before???

Nope. I quit street racing when the brothers started settling "who won" with their nines. When I saw a guy I knew lying dead in a parking lot at I quit.

So long ago I don't think the cops had computers to find out who had bought a car from the vin.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Nope. I quit street racing when the brothers started settling "who won" with their nines. When I saw a guy I knew lying dead in a parking lot at I quit.

So long ago I don't think the cops had computers to find out who had bought a car from the vin.

WOW!! Insane

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
No think about it. Look at that street. It has constant street racing marks and people know it. Nobody gives 2 cents about it until somebody DIES then it's a big deal. My god this is 2015 set up cameras for crying out loud. My point isn't that the cops caused it but they knew it was a common area for street racing. They were well aware and neglected it then somebody dies and now they notice it.

Like I said above speed cameras would end that activity asap and sorry you feel I need meds when there is a clear solution. I would still like to know if the people standing on the side were part of street racing or not.

You mean kind of like cameras at intersections have made people stop running red lights??

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Does personal responsibility and accountability mean NOTHING to you? You vote democrat don't you:poke:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

An event like that destroyed the cruising scene in my little city. We used to have a pretty decent cruise scene with a bit of racing. Nothing epic or anything, but something fun to do. One evening some disgruntled guy drove through a parking lot of people and unloaded a small magazine. Fortunately no fatalities, but it ended the car scene in this town in an instant.

richord06

Established Member
59440629.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
As long as the people killed were there to watch the race, I don't feel too bad. That's a risk you take. It was 2am, so I doubt it was 2 girl scouts selling cookies that were killed.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
and so it begins ... people who excuse street racing will blame everyone but the idiot street racers who have a single digit IQ because they were racing in a place where there was no traffic that time of morning and they put no ones lives at risk.

Idiot driver will get what he deserves, hopefully a murder 2 charge rather than a manslaughter charge. IF the others were encouraging the street race .. all I can say is... play stupid games, win stupid prizes .. zero shits given

94_Vert

Established Member

My city had cameras installed under the citizen's nose. And they were gone within a year, after a petition was signed and put on ballot. The city has to approve them and many citizens don't want them. Like was said, the cops may have driven past there earlier to check, but they have a large area to patrol and are understaffed. Foremost though, when you street race, you are taking a risky decision, that may get you in trouble. This racer needs to look in the mirror if he wants to know who's fault it it. As you get older you'll understand that many problems that people complain about are caused by stupid decisions, by immature people.

Users who are viewing this thread