Hit and Run in LA

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sad to hear people died it was the drivers fault. Also those same cameras that are spoken of are now only going to be allowed to have tickets to drivers on OH if a cop is present.

matt87

Established Member
with social media and what i'm sure were alot of people there. word of who it was will get out and that person is seriously screwed. my uncle cut off a motorcycle on the highway, changing lanes. the bike dumped, the guy died and now my uncle is facing possible charges for an accident. this guys has it soooo much worse than my poor uncle.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
and so it begins ... people who excuse street racing will blame everyone but the idiot street racers who have a single digit IQ because they were racing in a place where there was no traffic that time of morning and they put no ones lives at risk.

Idiot driver will get what he deserves, hopefully a murder 2 charge rather than a manslaughter charge. IF the others were encouraging the street race .. all I can say is... play stupid games, win stupid prizes .. zero shits given

I am trying to figure out why people stood on the side of the street in the first place and not behind the cars. Then there would only be a wrecked car in this situation.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I am trying to figure out why people stood on the side of the street in the first place and not behind the cars. Then there would only be a wrecked car in this situation.

Yeah so stupid. I see videos online from more urban areas with people lined up on either side for 100 feet ahead of the start. Your just asking for a tragedy. Street racing is risky enough, you don't need human gaurd rails.

535789_630x354.jpg

Turned the wipers on to get the dead guy off his windshield? Looks like it had club stickers on it. I'm sure everyone else in the club is furiously scraping them off right now. Too conspicuous and easy to identify the car to not be easy to find him.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
If he street races a lot he most likely had someone else buy the car, then sell it from a Craigslist ad.

Private sale, since the racer never intended to register the car at all (it would never pass SMOG in California) there will be no trace possible. He just flushes two lives and 60K down the toilet.

Unless he did something incredibly stupid like leave paperwork of some kind in the car when he bailed, or left fingerprints and he has been previously arrested so he can be traced he might never get caught.

Unless he starts bragging about getting away with he might avoid a near life sentence.

I'd agree if this were an old fox body mustang not a 13-14, and I'm pretty certain you can get a twin turboed car through smog, but I could be wrong, doesn't look like a flat out street raced car to me anyways, hell it has a 19" wheel up front, if this were a strictly street raced for money car, fairly certain it'd have a drag wheel up front, this was a dude that modded his newer mustang, raced it a bit and made a life changing mistake, he then fled the scene and most likely reported the car stolen or played dumb when the police showed up at his house.......

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If he street races a lot he most likely had someone else buy the car, then sell it from a Craigslist ad.

Private sale, since the racer never intended to register the car at all (it would never pass SMOG in California) there will be no trace possible. He just flushes two lives and 60K down the toilet.

Unless he did something incredibly stupid like leave paperwork of some kind in the car when he bailed, or left fingerprints and he has been previously arrested so he can be traced he might never get caught.

Unless he starts bragging about getting away with he might avoid a near life sentence.

Thats pretty extreme and highly doubtful. Im sure its registered to him, as I highly highly doubt people are buying $60k cash worth of a GT500 from craigslist, both the buyer and seller would need to be extremely retarded to do so.

Alot of people get away with smogging un-smoggable cars. Not all the techs give a shit and most arent well off enough that the couple hundred under the table is worth it. Down here I know of shops that have their smog bay just for clean piping extensively modded cars.

Possibly stolen vehicle? Grant moved to the west coast?

NlGHTMARE

Banned
Honestly, I feel bad for the driver of the Mustang as well. Yes he was doing something foolish, but many of us do it. He just happened to make some mistakes and now his life is over (and two others). Just 12 hours ago life was good for him. Had a nice TT 5.0, probably had some money as well, and in just seconds his life and others are changed forever. He is probably in complete panic right now if he hasnt fled the country. It just sucks all the way around

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Like I said above speed cameras would end that activity asap and sorry you feel I need meds when there is a clear solution. I would still like to know if the people standing on the side were part of street racing or not.

Every single square inch of freeway in Houston is covered with cameras that upload live feed directly to the internet, accessible to everyone.

Let that sink in for a second.

Every. Single. Inch.

Now go enter "TX2K" into YouTube and tell me how well cameras stop street racing.

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated above, a car that built up w/ all of that money in it is going to be well-known in the area, and its only a matter of time before someone snitches on who's car it is. Not to mention the tag that's on the vehicle, as well as insurance/registration that's probably in the glove box showing ownership. I doubt the dude took all that stuff when he took off.

Even then, the VIN can be used to determine ownership. He better have skipped town, and lay loooooooooow or he's going to get a hefty sentence for vehicular manslaughter x2.

NlGHTMARE

Banned
As stated above, a car that built up w/ all of that money in it is going to be well-known in the area, and its only a matter of time before someone snitches on who's car it is. Not to mention the tag that's on the vehicle, as well as insurance/registration that's probably in the glove box showing ownership. I doubt the dude took all that stuff when he took off.

Even then, the VIN can be used to determine ownership. He better have skipped town, and lay loooooooooow or he's going to get a hefty sentence for vehicular manslaughter x2.

I think most importantly it comes down to if they can prove he was driving the car at the time of the accident, or not. A solid lawyer would take that approach. Of course if witnesses match the description of the car owner to the man that was driving, it's going to be tough. No matter what plays out it, it is highly likely the guy will be serving time, short of him leaving the country.

My guess is that he'll come forward in the next 48 hours with a lawyer.

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
I dont condone street racing but there is nowhere near enough details here. The mustang was doing a burnout and went into crowd? And were the people killed/hurt passing by or were they part of the crowd watching the street races? If this area has that much history of street racing why are the cops not there all the time? Not trying to be that guy but seems like police neglected the area and look what happened. Also the police in the video is an idiot. That mustang has big and littles and is probably set up for drag racing but yes should have been at the local drag strip. I am sorry one person lost their life and others are injured but I believe police are at fault and also if the people were standing on the sidewalk watching street racing they know that something like this can happen

Your logic is flawed. Blame the police.....yeah sure.

Stupid idea to be racing. Stupid idea to be watching. It is a shame two died and one was injured. You shouldn't be anywhere near that sort of thing. Several lives ruined for nothing.

Eventually something like this is going to happen to the idiots at the mall at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach watching all the cars leave.

Zemedici

Established Member
Your logic is flawed. Blame the police.....yeah sure.

Stupid idea to be racing. Stupider idea to be watching. It is a shame two died and one was injured. You shouldn't be anywhere near that sort of thing. Several lives ruined for nothing.

Eventually something like this is going to happen to the idiots at the mall at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach watching all the cars leave.

ftfy. I'd NEVER be caught standing on the side of the road where some dig races are happening. I have no idea if the guys can drive, and most of them are NDFS. None driving **** sticks.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Absolutely. He's screwed and so are the families of the people who died. Unfortunately, they were there spectating that illegal race and therefore willingly putting themselves at risk. I used to have friends invite me to street races and I refused to go race or even go spectate. Both are illegal here, and its for a good reason.
I consider event like this as proof that there is a lifeguard on the human gene pool. less stupid genes passed on to future generations

Yeah so stupid. I see videos online from more urban areas with people lined up on either side for 100 feet ahead of the start. Your just asking for a tragedy. Street racing is risky enough, you don't need human gaurd rails.
see my comment above

Honestly, I feel bad for the driver of the Mustang as well. Yes he was doing something foolish, but many of us do it. He just happened to make some mistakes and now his life is over (and two others). Just 12 hours ago life was good for him. Had a nice TT 5.0, probably had some money as well, and in just seconds his life and others are changed forever. He is probably in complete panic right now if he hasnt fled the country. It just sucks all the way around
what the **** would you feel bad for the driver. this was not a mistake, it was a CHOICE and it was a CHOICE he made and then he CHOSE to run away like a little gutless bitch. his life changed forever? hopefully it will be OVER he doesn't deserve a life. play stupid games win stupid prizes. CHOICES have consequences welcome to the real world to this asshat of a street racer

Your logic is flawed. Blame the police.....yeah sure. .
he would have to actually HAVE logic for it to be flawed. his posts display not even a hint of logic ergo it cannot be flawed

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Every single square inch of freeway in Houston is covered with cameras that upload live feed directly to the internet, accessible to everyone.

Let that sink in for a second.

Every. Single. Inch.

Now go enter "TX2K" into YouTube and tell me how well cameras stop street racing.

*Insert Challenge Accepted meme here*

My guess is that he'll come forward in the next 48 hours with a lawyer.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-17-at-20.13.54.png

B0B

Established Member
Another thing is I would be willing to bet this incident was caught on video by either a passenger or spectator. Nobody races without filming anymore, it is bound to pop up soon enough

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

RDJ touched on this, but this was no where near a mistake. When you're out on the street in the wee hours of the morning with racing slicks on, you're out there for a reason. It was a bad choice for which three other people (also making poor choices) suffered or are suffering for. A choice for which the driver and likely the other racer will also have to answer for. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
My money is on the police finding out who owns the car and then his cell phone puts him n the driver's seat at the time of the crash and off to jail he goes.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
SVTperformance is on the case now. I wouldn't be surprised if SVTPerformance solves this case before the cops. Next time I open this thread I expect to see the guy's mugshot and a picture of the car with all it's mods before the crash. There will probably even be a video linked of him racing a hellcat.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
SVTperformance is on the case now. I wouldn't be surprised if SVTPerformance solves this case before the cops. Next time I open this thread I expect to see the guy's mugshot and a picture of the car with all it's mods before the crash. There will probably even be a video linked of him racing a hellcat.

With a car like that, my money is that the cops already know who he is. It isn't exactly subtle. We brag over 50 hp and a tune on a cobra. Imagine what we would do with a TT. I would tell everyone! lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Another thing is I would be willing to bet this incident was caught on video by either a passenger or spectator. Nobody races without filming anymore, it is bound to pop up soon enough

According to the instagram page there were other vids up from the racing but they have been taken down. A couple guys in the comments talk about being there.
It's just a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread