Hmm, I think I have a swell idea

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
Well, my truck is slow.

And it sounds shitty.

But, it looks great! I get numerous complements on it all the time. Now, since I'm young, I know I should stay away from speed and power till I get more experience. I say a year or so will do the trick, maybe even two. Anyways, if you guys are wondering, the fastest thing I drove was a Gen II Lightning, which I handled easily.

Speaking of Lightnings... I'd love to throw a S/C 5.4 in the Adrenalin. Problem is, it would take a minute to get the money to buy a donor L, and to get the engine installed. Not only that, but I'd need alot of other stuff too, such as new gauges, and maybe a new transmission.

Anyway, I'm just wondering, could it be possible to do in the near future? I would think so, but I'm not sure. The original power plant is the 4.0L V6 with the 5spd auto trans, and I believe the truck is AWD as well.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
this thread alone tells me you're still a kid, get mad all you want. How in the world does it make sense to tear apart an almost new explorer, just to put an older used engine into it. Just save your money and get the real thing in a few years.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
As its in my profession to try and sell crap to people to waste money on a project such as this. Ive seen a few people turbocharge the same 4.0L found in The Rangers. Can make decent power (Not crap loads.) And with the right exhaust set up, it could sound mean as hell. Of course the biggest issue you will run into is smogging the vehicle, Which would be the issue with a motor swap as well.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
As its in my profession to try and sell crap to people to waste money on a project such as this. Ive seen a few people turbocharge the same 4.0L found in The Rangers. Can make decent power (Not crap loads.) And with the right exhaust set up, it could sound mean as hell. Of course the biggest issue you will run into is smogging the vehicle, Which would be the issue with a motor swap as well.

How much power we talking bout?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That doesn't sound like a great idea. You'll be into it more money than you can imagine and I doubt the 5.4 would even fit. If you were gonna go that route with a motor swap then you'd want to throw the 03-04 4.6 in there since SVT already did it. If your truck already has the 3 valve 4.6 which I know is an option then just mod that. If you wanted to you could easily get 500whp out of it.

The 5.4 would not work well in there though that's for sure.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Oh you already have a V8 in it.. Mods for that engine are endless. I thought you had a 4.0L I believe a turbo will add 30-40% more hp.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I never said that Turbocharging it or swapping the engine ins't a waste of money. I'd definitely take the advice of everyone on these boards. But If you just want to throw the Idea around for kicks and giggles. Which I pretty much figured you are doing.

TorchMach

Established Member
I say keep the truck as a daily driver save your money and get a cobra. You will never be happier. Or sell the truck pay it off and get a termi.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Dude, your "truck" already has a 3v 4.6 in it. Just get the FRPP Whipple supercharger for it.

If your truck already has the 3 valve 4.6 which I know is an option then just mod that. If you wanted to you could easily get 500whp out of it.

The 5.4 would not work well in there though that's for sure.

Oh you already have a V8 in it.. Mods for that engine are endless. I thought you had a 4.0L I believe a turbo will add 30-40% more hp.

He said he has a 4.0L V6 at the end of his post...

Users who are viewing this thread