ho hum

Vader

Established Member
I'm sitting here at work, pulling 12 hour shift on Labor day. Been surfing this website and on the radio in the background is the radio station at this Ford dealership talking about having the '03 Cobra in and ready to go. :( I sure wish I was ready to buy one :( Talk about torture. hehehe

03DOHC

Established Member
My work asked for volunteers. I told them HELL NO! Hopefully you guys get overtime for working on a holiday!

Vader

Established Member
Unfortunately I don't get special holiday pay. I'm salary. However I get 4 days off this week, so that sort of makes up for it. So I'm over here getting hot'n heavy over this magical car. heheh. Been wanting a really nice sports car for some time now. Had a 91 base model stealth when I was 19. Had it for 3 years and decided to ditch it for a beater since repairs aren't cheap on a stealth with 190K. I bought a new sport bike last year to ease the pain of not owning a sport car. But now I have a new job that pays 15K more a year than my last job, but I hate have debt piled on. So gotta pay the frkn bike off first. :( Just got married 4 months ago so I'm trying to make it look like a 1 year anniv present to us (heheh) :D so far the wife likes the idea! :D

Vader

Established Member
LOL, Damn right I have responsibilities. How's that line go? The man with the most toys wins? hehe. I couldn't sell my bike. I'd sell it, buy a stang, and then want another bike. So I'll sit here with a fire burning in my pocket til Spring. I figured winter is 4 months away and ppl are having problems getting xplan on their purchases. I'll probably end up getting a good deal with interest rates and xplan if i wait a lil bit. I must say though, looks like Ford hit a homer with this '03 Cobra. I really like Vettes, but I've always had a soft spot for Cobra Stangs. And for the price verses the vette you can't go wrong with the Cobra.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Just be careful out there brother cause 99percent of the time it's not the Bikers fault, wanna see you live to get that Cobra :beer:

Vader

Established Member
Where at in South Florida do you live StreetSnake? My Uncle/Aunt moved to Tarpon Springs a few months ago. It's over by Clearwater. I really want to move out there sometime within 5yrs. My cousin is a big mustang fan. He had a really nice 98 Cobra triple black conv. Then he traded it in for a 650hp 89 Fox body. Had a 306 with 150shot nitrous. Tubbed out, roll cage, fuel cell in trunck, the whole nine yards. It came tubbed with M/T's on the rear. Fkr hauls ass.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
Vader sell the bike you're a married man now with responsibilities. Then go buy the Cobra.

I don't blame him if he doesn't want to sell the bike. Even though I love my 03 Cobra, most street bikes are faster in the quarter mile than the stock Cobra. Even my 01 Honda GL1800 Goldwing is faster than the Cobra. But I do like the feeling the Cobra gives of throwing me back in the seat on hard acceleration. Holding onto the handlebars upon fast acceleration on a bike just isn't the same thing.

Vader

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Red Cobra

I don't blame him if he doesn't want to sell the bike. Even though I love my 03 Cobra, most street bikes are faster in the quarter mile than the stock Cobra. Even my 01 Honda GL1800 Goldwing is faster than the Cobra. But I do like the feeling the Cobra gives of throwing me back in the seat on hard acceleration. Holding onto the handlebars upon fast acceleration on a bike just isn't the same thing.

Spoken by a true bike dood mr 03RED! I have a 01 Kawasaki ZX9R. And that mutha hauls major ass. The roll on power/torque is unbelievable. It's like once you go bike you don't go back. Plus the wheelies, it's like eating a lays potato chip, you can't just do one. :coolman: I usually get my fast car fix by driving my dads '99 vette, but he gets stinggy sometimes, hell I would if it was mine. I love vettes, but I want something different that will kick my dads vettes ass. An '03 Cobra with Pulley and chip would make a concrete vettklr. Can't wait to line'm up and watch him fall behind. hehehe

x2svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Vader
I'm sitting here at work, pulling 12 hour shift on Labor day. Been surfing this website and on the radio in the background is the radio station at this Ford dealership talking about having the '03 Cobra in and ready to go. :( I sure wish I was ready to buy one :( Talk about torture. hehehe

I feel your pain. Been working 7AM to 7PM for the whole 3 day weekend. The torture for me is that the weather has been perfect for topless cruising and not enough time for it.:( :(

StreetSnake

Established Member
Vader I live between Miami and Ft Laud. That is a nice area your Aunt and Uncle moved to, I own some property just a little north of them

Users who are viewing this thread