Holy Jesus!

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
I just have to say, whoever invented the FRPP M55 exhaust must have been insanely deaf. I just put these on after having them in storage for the past year and I never thought i'd find my limit for loudness. These things are way, way too loud. I have stock manifolds, Bassani o/r X-pipe and currently the M55 cat-back. I'll make a video as soon as it stops raining, but holy hell this combo is definitely for those who can afford the guaranteed ticket by every cop they pass. :nono:

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAVRlUl4G10"]YouTube - 2003 Cobra M55 Exhaust[/ame]

Well heres the vid. I said i'd make. The turn around in the video has to at least be half a mile but probably more...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Wanna trade for my bassani CB with baffles?

I personally like loud and mine is def more quiet compared to that even with the bassani o/r x!

Have any close up pics? Id like to see what the catback looks like as well as a good shot of the tips...

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
too loud for me, i like my cobra the way it is; i would like to hear my music over my bassani.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I wonder how loud this is going to be with the stock h-pipe when I put it on

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
I put my Bassani CB back on and i'll try and make another vid at the same location for reference. But yeah, way too loud for me aswell. Maybe when i'm out of NY, or can find a combo to help out... but for now it's in the basement.

Jroc

Established Member
I'm probably going to be switching my mufflers for some Flowmaster 40's or MAC mufflers.

M55's are too raspy with O/R midpipes. My car with a Prochamber does sound pretty badass at idle or below 2,700 rpms though.

Your car would probably sound better with an H-pipe. M55's would probably sound really good with a catted midpipe. I bet they would sound really nice with a catted MRT H-Pipe.

bmxer89

Established Member
Haha nice I know exactly how shocked you were I was the same way once I put my o/r x, to go along with my lm1. The best it making the the exhaust echo off buildings and what not.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
wow, i guess its loud. you can still hear it like a mile away,lol. can you say ticket please

Jroc

Established Member
That is what I plan on doing. For now I will run mine with the stock mid pipe until I buy an mrt h-pipe.

Good deal.

I highly recommend a Catted midpipe with these. I love the threory of a O/R midpipe and have long been a supporter of them, but my car just turns to rasp at 2700 rpms with my Prochamber and M55's.(It idles nice) Besides a catted midpipe is better for lowend torque on these boosted cars.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
PM sent. I wanna buy this thing and run it with a bassani catted X or prochamber. I have an O/R X but i can get the cats to bolt in place of my flow tubes.

I like the M55 sound way better than SLP LM1's!

I want either a FRPP M55 C/B or borla stingers to run with my bassani X. The bassani C/B i have now isnt loud enough for me...

Also been considering buying a couple dynomax race bullets to bolt in place of my bassani mufflers cause they really sound good and they are cheap! Ive run them on a couple of my other cars and they are loud but deep... not much rasp...

Last edited:

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
PM sent. I wanna buy this thing and run it with a bassani catted X or prochamber. I have an O/R X but i can get the cats to bolt in place of my flow tubes.

I like the M55 sound way better than SLP LM1's!

I want either a FRPP M55 C/B or borla stingers to run with my bassani X. The bassani C/B i have now isnt loud enough for me...

Also been considering buying a couple dynomax race bullets to bolt in place of my bassani mufflers cause they really sound good and they are cheap! Ive run them on a couple of my other cars and they are loud but deep... not much rasp...

M55's and LM1's are pretty much the same thing, similar sound.

Ralo

Established Member
Sounds a lot like my LM1's did. I was running a o/r x

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I think the M55s sound alittle different that the LM1s, close but different.

Users who are viewing this thread