Holy shit, I can't believe this.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
If this is true, it's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. This country is in the shitter because it pays up the ass for the stupidest things.

trial : 2-3 k

5 year waiting list : 150k

lethal injection: 100 dollars

compared to 25 years at 30k a year. $750k

why is it more expensive?

It's more expensive for the exact reason you said, our government paying insane amounts of money on stupid shit.

Here is something I found.... :nonono:

A 2003 legislative audit in Kansas found that the estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
If this is true, it's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. This country is in the shitter because it pays up the ass for the stupidest things.

trial : 2-3 k

5 year waiting list : 150k

lethal injection: 100 dollars

compared to 25 years at 30k a year. $750k

why is it more expensive?

I wrote a paper on it a few years ago, and that is one thing I remember - it costs more to put a person to death than to house them for an average life sentence. Lost the paper, and consequentially all my sources, but one of the things I remember is that death penalty cases typically have more appeals and associated legal costs, and death row has higher security.

Mayo5

Established Member
This is strange, Did you read any of the comments below the article?

Bad enough the story makes you sick, then people have to say even more horrible things.

Crazy world.

+1. If the comments are true, then the kid deserved what he got. More power to the father.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Read the story instead of the (erroneous) tagline

It occurred in Highland Park, which is completely surrounded by the city of Detroit and is just as nasty.

There are rumors that the son was caught in the act of molesting his sister :dw:

yea oddly he was naked so he must have been doing something to someone to warrant a basically public execution.
im thinking:
1: molesting younger sister or brother...
2: was with another male...

wtf man

canibus

Established Member
It's more expensive for the exact reason you said, our government paying insane amounts of money on stupid shit.

Here is something I found.... :nonono:

I wrote a paper on it a few years ago, and that is one thing I remember - it costs more to put a person to death than to house them for an average life sentence. Lost the paper, and consequentially all my sources, but one of the things I remember is that death penalty cases typically have more appeals and associated legal costs, and death row has higher security.

I'm in shock, I can't believe the system is that retarded.

They should just follow my example and millions would be saved.

ssssnake

Established Member
Carrying out a death sentence from conviction to execution costs more then an average life imprisonment sentence... :shrug:

That's why we should just have a little room with a drain in the middle of the floor, and put a single bullet in the back of his head. DONE. Hose it down. NEXT.

jfsram

Established Member
No doubt a bad decision but if the replies about molestation are true. You can see how anger may prevail over a good decision in the moment.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Local TV news is reporting that family members said the boy was molesting the 4 yr old daughter of his dad's girlfriend. :(

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Local TV news is reporting that family members said the boy was molesting the 4 yr old daughter of his dad's girlfriend. :(

Wow. I think a lot of that was the dad wondering what he'd brought into the world.

I can really feel the sympathy for the father now. I can only imagine the double agony and guilt he was feeling, for both what his son has done, and what the dad feels he must do.

Users who are viewing this thread