Home Security...what to do?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm working with my neighbors to come up with something that will light up 6 houses one after another if the motion sensor is tripped at night at either of the 6 houses. Looking for some lights to light up the front yard. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Edit:
These are the networked lights if anyone is interested. I'll post up a video once the setup is completed. You can network 150 lights if you wanted as long as they are within range.

http://www.mrbeams.com/products/net...ss-motion-sensor-led-spotlight-netbright.html

I like the idea of networked lights, but do they have a system that puts out more than 200 lumens per light? Isn't that the equivalent of like a 20 watt incandescent bulb?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I use a trail cam on my property with a lock and chain. They're fairly cheap, can see in the dark and can be moved easily. Even if someone does find, cut the chain and steal it I already have their picture since it sends all the pics right to my computer. You can even set it up to text you when it snaps a photo.

Other than that I have two dogs, motion lights and plenty of firepower. Unfortunately though, like you, I live in a state that is becoming increasingly unfriendly to legal gun ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread