Homeless person in front of my shop? what can i do?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
offer him a steak dinner and a sightseeing bus trip to D.C. then buy him a one way non-refundable ticket.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
sheriff vs city vs state all depends on what state you are in, sheriff in the south is the man, sheriff in NJ is nothing.

i dont know what part of NJ you live in, but thats def not the case with the Bergen County Sheriffs dept. they run the county jail, the court house, have a patrol dept, homocide team, swat team, serve warrants, bomb squad, etc. they are like a local "state" police dept and fairly large too. The Rapid Response team in that dept is constantly "used" by the local town and city depts.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
He's homeless, the cops don't give a shit about him, along with anyone for that matter, make that asshole dissapear,

You know about those pesky gators you have down there.:beer:

blackvette101

Established Member
thanks for all the advice guys. The sheriff is the only law enforcement where I work because its not in the actual city of fort lauderdale. Also I did forget to mention he was given a trespass warning five visits ago and I mention it everytime I call. I will try to keep calling the sheriff, complain to the supervisor, buy him a bus ticket, confront him in that order if the previous action fails.

Last edited:

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
You shouldn't have to buy him SHIT. It's your property. Tell him to GTFO. I know that roughing up may not be the best way, but it seems like the Sherriff's office could care less. Time to take matters into your own hands

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
gate in your property if you can, if he can't get in easy he will go somewhere else. This will also protect your property and customers property in general so not a bad idea all around. Don't commit a physical assault on the guy, otherwise he could come back late at night and damage any vehicles on your property which will suck for business.

Machdup1

Established Member
You shouldn't have to buy him SHIT. It's your property. Tell him to GTFO. I know that roughing up may not be the best way, but it seems like the Sherriff's office could care less. Time to take matters into your own hands

Just so we are clear, does your best legal advice involve committing a felony?

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Just so we are clear, does your best legal advice involve committing a felony?

Just so we are clear, I never told the OP to commit a felony. Yes, I said that he should take matters into his own hands. I never said to beat the ****er unconscious. And I never said to actually rough him up at all.

Yeah, that's a possible way of doing things. But there are many possible things you can do to "take matters into your own hands."

:rolling:

Machdup1

Established Member
Just so we are clear, I never told the OP to commit a felony. Yes, I said that he should take matters into his own hands. I never said to beat the ****er unconscious. And I never said to actually rough him up at all.

Yeah, that's a possible way of doing things. But there are many possible things you can do to "take matters into your own hands."

:rolling:

How he would take matters into his own hands legally, without involving law enforcement?:shrug:

Woody6799

Established Member
i dont know what part of NJ you live in, but thats def not the case with the Bergen County Sheriffs dept. they run the county jail, the court house, have a patrol dept, homocide team, swat team, serve warrants, bomb squad, etc. they are like a local "state" police dept and fairly large too. The Rapid Response team in that dept is constantly "used" by the local town and city depts.

I know... Bergen and Passaic, but I think those are the only two monsters. My cousin works for Passaic and I almost got in there before they laid off all those guys. However, most of NJ is municipalities. Some Sheriff Dept. assist but most of NJ is backwards when it comes to sheriff v. local

Woody6799

Established Member
I know... Bergen and Passaic, but I think those are the only two monsters. My cousin works for Passaic and I almost got in there before they laid off all those guys. However, most of NJ is municipalities. Some Sheriff Dept. assist but most of NJ is backwards when it comes to sheriff v. local

PS I love the hose idea but I wouldnt use the sprinkler, I would just spray him with it... like a bad cat or dog lol. You waste less water and your customers wont get their cars wet.

ModularFan

Established Member

Mercer County as well, They have K9 Tac-Unit, Courts, etc Patrol. Traffic

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

No doubt NJ has way too many municipalities with way too many individual PDs and School Districts.

My cousin is the Chief of a small Jersey town with like 18 officers. I had more LEOs on my tactical team.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
No doubt NJ has way too many municipalities with way too many individual PDs and School Districts.

My cousin is the Chief of a small Jersey town with like 18 officers. I had more LEOs on my tactical team.

What town Adam? We had 5 officers and a chief in the town i grew up in. A few years ago the dept was dissolved and taken over by State Police.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
how about paying this guy like $25.00 a week and give him little things to do around your business. pull weeds, keep the trash cleaned up around the property....etc.

back in the middle 80's...there was a homeless guy that lived in a cardboard box close to my dads business. my dad has a big heart. he offered the bum a job...and at first he was a sight....and stunk my dad started out giving him 20 or so dollars to do little things like keep the trash picked up...clean toilets....my dad started paying him very well and with in 2 years this once bum, was a salaried manager supervising 25 people and turned his life around....he just needed someone to give him a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread