Homemade Silverbullet?

99BlackL

Established Member
Want it loud, yet inexpensive. From what I hear the Silverbullet is the way to go. I would rather just order the parts and put it together myself, have a buddy that works at muffler shop. What are the part# for the magnapacks, x-pipe, and 4" tips? Are the Dynomax race bullets similar to magnapacks?

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
here are the part # and a pic of the tips
tips -35143
bullets -14416
x pipe -10791
photo0031sb0.jpg

Last edited:

f150harley

Established Member
I had the Dynomax race bullets. I had them on for like a week, I hated the sound so I took them off. The exhaust shop couldnt figure a way to put on the x pipe so I dont know what it would have sounded with a X pipe on?

Don't H8

Established Member
I had the Dynomax race bullets. I had them on for like a week, I hated the sound so I took them off. The exhaust shop couldnt figure a way to put on the x pipe so I dont know what it would have sounded with a X pipe on?

EDIT: never mind...i apparently can't read

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
I did the homemade silver bullet, I am not impressed, I mean I won't take it off or anything but it is about as loud as the single magnaflow muffler my previous L had on it. Just so you know.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
I couldn't imagine the magnapack's sounding all that well...it's a glasspack. I had the catback on my mustang and it sounded like doodoo.

99BlackL

Established Member
I am surprised to hear that some people aren't satisfied with the homemade silverbullet setup, I have only heard good things about it until today. Making me re-think trying it. Any other suggestions? Want it loud yet affordable

snownmx

Established Member
i have the homemade silverbullet and think it has one of the best sounds ive heard, definitely NOT farm truck like, crackly, etc.

btw my tips and truck look exactly like urs SVT Relampago :) very ncie

Banned
The tips look like Bassani. The Bassani tips have "vent" hole (whatever it's called) drilled facing the ground and not the side:shrug:

CHIZ

Established Member
I am surprised to hear that some people aren't satisfied with the homemade silverbullet setup, I have only heard good things about it until today. Making me re-think trying it. Any other suggestions? Want it loud yet affordable

people were saying the same thing about the magnapack catback for the mustang...well i purchased it and almost threw-up after the first time I cranked the car. It sounded like a z71 with glass packs/straight pipes.

With our short exhaust, I would imagine it would sound even worse...they do have nice tips though.:lol1:

99BlackL

Established Member
Well I pieced the 2 magnapacks, x-pipe, and tips together for $230. I am ready to order just reluctant beacuse what CHIZ has said.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
the magnapacks with the x pipe sound great to me.i got the silver bullet from jdm with stock headers and cats and love the sound. i dont think it sound glasspack like at all here is a quick clip.

th_MOV00416.jpg

CHIZ

Established Member
Well I pieced the 2 magnapacks, x-pipe, and tips together for $230. I am ready to order just reluctant beacuse what CHIZ has said.

I could honestly be wrong, but this is from my exp...wish I could hear the clip but i'm at work...:dw:

Listen to as many clips as you can b/f making your decision.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
^agree completly about listening to clips. Learned from experience. Bought the single muffler magnaflows and didnt like em so i went to the silver bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread