Homemade Silverbullet?

99BlackL

Established Member
I think i'm gonna go ahead and order the parts for it. Only thing I may change is the tips.
Anybody have the part# for the 4" slash cut tips?

2tonOfun

Established Member
Just to add to your info, I did mine but went with 3" magis, a 3" X pipe and used the MAC tips because they are 3" pipes to 4" tips and the tips have a great look to them.
I think the 3" setup has a little deeper tone to it.

ducman996

Established Member
I did the homemade silver bullet and I think it sounds great. At first I didn't have an x-pipe and it sounded like a total POS pa-pa farm truck. I added the x-pipe and it made a completely different sound. I think a lot of people that say they didn't like the homebuilt silverbullet didn't have the x-pipe. The 3" cat back homebuilt silver bullet sounds like a good idea.

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
Just a thought, but if it isn't loud enough after you have your home made silver bullet put on remove the back two cats.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I've tried the bullets before and yes...they sound like glasspacks. I got my magnaflow catback from LFP for 360 or something a couple of years back and couldn't be happier with what I have now.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I am surprised to hear that some people aren't satisfied with the homemade silverbullet setup, I have only heard good things about it until today. Making me re-think trying it. Any other suggestions? Want it loud yet affordable

I built my homemade Silver Bullet exhaust over 3 years ago. I had a thread on here about it at the time. I've since moved on to other things, but I loved that exhaust. All parts and installation was around $500, and that included a highflow cat midpipe as well. That's less than half the cost of a prebuilt system just in parts, not including installation. It's the best way to go IMO if you want that exhaust. This is the part list I used:

91006 - Magnaflow highflow cats
10791 - Magnaflow xpipe
14416 - 4" Magnaflow Magnapacks
35143 - Magnaflow 3.5" slashcut tips

iTz JoHN

Established Member
I see all of the parts, but where can I get the tubing for it can I get it at summit racing or is there somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread