Honest feedback please

ChrisMustang

Established Member
I am in a situation where I don't really want to sell my Cobra but I might have to.

Just wondered if you guys could give me a fairly good idea of what it would sell for. An honest amount not "I'll buy it for 10k" sorta thing.

I'm not in a position I have to sell it no matter what but if the amount over my loan was high enough I might do it if it would clear all my other debts.

I am the 2nd owner. I have all the books, SVT certificate, original window sticker. Car has 35,900 miles. Steeda cai, magnaflow catback, 2.81 pulley and sct livewire tuner.

I had an incident that I still kick myself over of sliding under a pickup truck bed and cracking the hood of the car. My deductible is 1000 so I didn't fix it since I figured it might not cost that to buy a new hood and have it painted. I put a hood bra on and you cannot see the damage at all. So shows you how minor the damage was.

Everything else on the car is pretty spotless. Interior looks brand new still.
DSCN7436.jpg

Only other issue that started end of this summer I noticed a couple drops in my garage from the diff cover. So that needs resealed.

The car does have all 4 original wheels just only picture i could find that showed the bra.
P8160084.jpg

So sorry to be long winded, just want to get a fair estimate of the car. If you guys could please help I would appreciate. Thanks.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I would say its worth around 20-22 if the hood wasn't fubard... You would get more possible buyers if you fixed the hood.. some people may see that and just walk away...

ChrisMustang

Established Member
So you are saying that even though the hood is 1000 dollar fix it will prob hit the car harder than selling it due to the extra hassle that people wouldn't want to deal with?

So do you think with the damage 18-20 would be realistic.

Technically if anyone wanted the car I could have my insurance fix it all before hand, I would obviously need 1k deductible to do it though.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I think the damage, takes more than what the repair would be... say its 1k to fix it.. to some people the hassle, the thought of what else could be wrong with it.. it my be a 2-3K drop in their mind. I know some people that straight out would walk away... it really depends on the buyer... but why push some of them away... Not seeing the damage.. I would say 18-20...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fix the hood and with that mileage you're probably looking at $19-$20K if the car is in otherwise excellent condition. Be sure if you have a new hood installed that you get the paint matched to the body. And finishing off the underside of the hood at the same time will be a plus for the buyer.

Do you have the stock rear wheel to match the front wheels?

cbr repsol

Established Member
Am I the only one who noticed the rear bullitt deep dish? Looks like 18's as well while the front rim looks like the original 17" stocker?

op said that was just the only pic he could find,he has the other two wheels.

i think its worth 18k

i sold my cobra whippled for 22k

ChrisMustang

Established Member
I appreciate the honest feedback on it. The car really is super clean, I hate the fact I hurt an otherwise perfect relatively low mileage Cobra.

Seems fair enough would be 18k. Thanks guys!

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
In April I picked up a 18k Mile, SY, 2004 for $18k.
Spotless w/ 17x10.5 rear wheels, exhaust, CAI, shifter and some bling.
Needed tires and had to replace the fuel pumps.

myslowstang

Established Member
I'd fix the hood before you try to sell the car and match the rims but the car looks awesome!

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Different rims front to back hood damage. I personally would say 17K at most unless you had original rims and fixed the hood then could be near 19K

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Could always look in the "Market" for a used hood....might be cheaper then $1k even with paint work...I too would fix the car before selling! Should be able to bet around $20-22k repaired!

Good luck!

Aubz

Established Member
Did you get a quote for repairing the hood? Imo if you went to a good shop i would think it would be over 1k.

Users who are viewing this thread