hood and bumper opinions

'95yellowGT

Established Member
hey guys, my car has been down for a while due to a lil front end collision i had, but im about ready to order the parts i need to get her goin again. Two major things i need are the hood and bumper now my car is a 99 but i want to go with the 03-04 bumper cover. So i was wondering which is the best hood to go with that bumper. the 03 hood? Y2K hood? or a small cowl hood? i also want good fitment from the hood sowhich would be the best for that also?.........thanks guys

CobraKalas

Established Member
well the 03 hood hands down is the most original looking hood to add to that bumper, however a Cowl hood will make it look nice and aggressive, i like the 00r hood too but almost makes the front end too "bubbly" looking (bubbly hood with a more rounded front bumper compared to 99)

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
dan556.jpg

dan558.jpg

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That cowl is a little too high for my taste, maybe a 2.5 or 3 inch IMO.

But yeah, a cowl hood would def be my choice if you're completely redoing things.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
that cowl is a lil to high for my taste but i definitely like the look id go with smaller cowl tho. thats what its really between the 03 and a 2.5 inch cowl. where is the best place to shop for a cowl hood for these cars as far as fitment goes and quality?

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
Dude, go with the 03/04 hood for sure. Besides looks it's a functional heat extractor. DO IT! Don't go with a cowl unless you need it to clear a monster blower.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
2000 cobra R hood. HO Fibertrends is top notch quality. I have pics of their R hood on my 01 if you want them. Mine is fully functional too. Whatever hood you get I highly recommend cutting the vents out. You lose a lot of heat thru the vents to keep things cool. I didn't believe it unitl I saw it on my car.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Try to get another 99/01 front bumper. The 99/01 Cobras are pretty much unrecognizable to most people as is. Every time one loses it's only distinctive trait by having an 03/04 cobra front bumper installed the bastard child of SVT goes one step further out of recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread