HOOD CUTOUTS

Painter

Established Member
I removed the hood vent covers and cut away the hood heat shield to expose the hood vents, it looks great but I just need something to trim out the cutting I did, Any ideas?Trim meaning like something to hide the cuts, trim piece of some sort.

cobra808

Established Member
Buy some flex trim from a marine supply store. Works well and gives it a clean look.

Check Postban's sig.

WC

03DOHC

Established Member
The user postban pretty much invented the mod. Do a search on his username and check out his sig.

Black306

Established Member
what they said. :-D

hoodmod1.jpg

LCCOBRA

Established Member
flex trim is a must for this mod. Let me know if you need info on were to get it online. It's kinda hard sometimes to find it

Last edited:

JymBart

Established Member
Flex Trim

LCCOBRA

Can you post that on line link for the flex trim?

Thanks much,
JymBart

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Not burning, but does this really make a difference in performance or engine temp? Looks cool, I would do it but I just don't see a gain from it?

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I used some molding from homedepot for marine/auto. It isn't flex trim though. Came out ok. The left side has been fixed since this pic was taken. Then I sprayed the liner with scotch guard to keep it waterproof.

As if it is worth it? Dunno. But I do see heat waves coming out of the holes now when Im idling in traffic. Figure thats good for something.
Hood%20Mod.JPG

Last edited:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
The vents are functional, how functional though is the real question. Just go drive the car for awhile, park it, and then get out and feel the vents. There should be alot of heat coming out of them.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Good pics and info, did you just spray the letters with silver spray paints? Looks great without having to pay $100 for SS letter inserts... How did you get the liner so black, just the scotch guard?

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
Good pics and info, did you just spray the letters with silver spray paints? Looks great without having to pay $100 for SS letter inserts... How did you get the liner so black, just the scotch guard?

I used silver fabric paint I bought at one of those arts and crafts stores. Took alot of coats.

It's black because I cleaned it. I don't think the scotchguard changed the color at all. It was nasty before I washed it.

bluntman

Established Member
how hard is it to pop off those plastic clips that hold the blanket to the hood? anyone got a special way to take them off with ease?

Users who are viewing this thread