Hood mod question

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was going to do the hood mod but when I was scoping out what had to be done I noticed that there is a black plastic piece that fits between the pad and the hood. Did those of your who did the mod remove this piece? I've actually decided not to do the mod because this plastic piece seems to keep water from soaking the pad. I drove in heavy rain yesterday from PA to CT for 5 hours. The pad barely got wet.

cobra808

Established Member
I folded the plastic back between the hood and pad. Works fine. If you look down the vents from hood outside you'll see that most of the water falls harmlessly between the engine and fan.

You can always flip the plastic back if you don't like it.

My .02... WC

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
That's what I did. I'm going to cut the hood blanket and those little black plastic pieces. Sitting in traffic yesterday I could actually see the heat escaping from the extractors. Pretty cool.

betiwin

Established Member
becareful with the shunt, when i put the hood blanket back on i let the shunt drop on the fender and put a little nick in the paint.

:bash:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Ther is the "cut them off" variation (the original one) or the "fold them back between the blanket and roof" variation.

Mine have been off for multiple rain storms, dozens of car car washes and approx 13000 miles. The blanket gets stained and looks like shit no matter what you do, don't worry about it swelling. Water evaporates out of the blanket quickly given the measured 180 degree average temperature.

Mine look bad so I pulled it off and sprayed it with black bbq paint in the spring. It covered the stains and soaked in real well. Still looks better than it did in the spring.

fd9b14c3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread