Hood struts for Terminator

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
What are the best to get, MRT? And where can i get them the cheapest?

If anyone is selling some or have some on their ride but are looking to get rid of it soon, let me know also. Thanks!

Nolimit

Established Member
I read a couple of threads stating some people had problems removing their old factory struts and in the process they were breaking the fiberglass but I have no experience, just what I have read.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Thanks Tony, you have any pictures of your struts installed? Would like to see how they look compared to the MRT ones.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Here are my MRT struts. Just installed them last week. I hit the brackets with a silver metallic rattle can as well. I like them a lot.

IMAG0430_zpsljkvrz5z.jpg

IMAG0428_zpsv2dsl0ms.jpg

IMAG0426_zpswvtpvn6z.jpg

IMAG0427_zpsw98xsf6j.jpg

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I have the redline tuning ones and like them. The MRT are nice though since you dont have to drill any holes and whatnot.

Blueline

Established Member
I have had the MRT ones on two of my Cobras, They are a nice piece!

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
I got the cheapest option from redline. Love them, my only issue is that I should have painted the brackets black before install. You can pay more and get them pre-painted but wanted to be cheap lol. the only issue I've seen with the mrt's is if you're not careful removing your factory hinge nuts sometimes the stud from the hood will snap or spin inside the hood itself.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have NXT that I painted Mystichrome to match. I have the NXT on both the Shelby and the Terminator. No drilling, works great - last a long time.

cj428mach

Established Member
I had the ones American muscle sells they're like MMD brand (basically MRT) on my old car. I liked them but I was scared to death the whole time removing my hood stud bolts. As much as I like them there is no way I'm going to risk doing that again on my new cobra.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Redline all day. Great customer service too. One of my 4-5 year old struts had a ball clip that would pop off once in a while. I emailed them about it, and 5 days later 4 new ends showed up at my house, no charge. I also have to lol about the guys that don't want to drill holes, but will weld subframes in, swap to sra's, etc.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Redline all day. Great customer service too. One of my 4-5 years struts had a ball clip that would pop off once in a while. I emailed them about it, and 5 days later 4 new ends showed up at my house. I also have to lol about the guys that don't want to drill holes, but will weld subframes in, swap to sra's, etc.

exactly. a few small holes in the hood is nothing compared to what a lot of people do, including myself. Maybe that's why I had no problem drilling. I'd much rather put a few holes in the hood then have the risk of a hood stud breaking loose in the hood.

racebronco2

Established Member
I think this is a member not 100% sure though

Hood Struts 1999 2004 Mustang No Drill Black V6 V8 Cobra Mach 1 Terminator | eBay

If you don't like ebay lmr has them. Not sure if they offer a site discount

Mustang Quicklift Hood Supports (99-04) - LatemodelRestoration.com

Yes that is me. Me and several of my friends have these on our cars. No drilling. If you don't want to buy them off of Ebay you can always purchase them from direct. Just deduct 9% for the Ebay fees. I don't run them anymore because i cut out the whole bottom side of my hood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread