hood vents?

03snk

Established Member
just ordered sum hood vents from LFP and I was just wondering for those who already have thiz hood vents on their cobras how was the installtion and is there any modification needed? and also do u guys have problems wit water goin inside the motor after every car wash or in the rain? thank you guys in advance I'll try 2post sum pics as soon as I get them

Last edited:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Water runs down in front of all the major components and behind the intercooler tanks etc. Never had an issue with water.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I have TF hood vents...I've found it best to throw a few towels under the hood when washing the car to cut down on the water under the hood!! :) THis helps A LOT!!

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I have the LFP ones and so does my brother. I had to do a little dremeling to get mine to fit right. My brothers popper right in. And like Tim said, just toss a towel under there while washing it. However running in the rain is all up to you.

Last edited:

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
LFP vents

I love my LFP vents, one of my favorite modifications to the car. Like other people have said, I kept the factory flaps and used two sidded 3m tape to place them on the inside of the vents while washing.

I have to file mine down quite a bit, using a hand file and a beer very close by. I was not loving the amount of filing, but took my time and all worked out in the end. Just do a little at a time and keep test fitting (gently) until they fit nicely.

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A real shame that the Fore Precision hood vents are no longer available. They were really the best IMO. At the present time, the LFP vents are about the only nice choice. I think you'll like them. I like Tim's idea of putting towels under the vents when the car is washed. Other than than, the water from rain won't be an issue. I think TF will be doing some more of their hood vents early next year.

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
i had some before finding some TF ones. didn't have an issue with fitament on mine.....good and snug! i took and cut out some aluminum mesh and siliconed to the backside to keep leaves and what not out.
IMG_20120218_111851_zps2ac98737.gif
[/IMG]

I love my LFP vents, one of my favorite modifications to the car. Like other people have said, I kept the factory flaps and used two sidded 3m tape to place them on the inside of the vents while washing.

I have to file mine down quite a bit, using a hand file and a beer very close by. I was not loving the amount of filing, but took my time and all worked out in the end. Just do a little at a time and keep test fitting (gently) until they fit nicely.

:beer:
:lol::rockon:

Last edited:
I have the Fore Precision ones which LFP makes a knockoff of OP. Water gets splashed on the radiator tank when washing the car, but other than that the engine bay stays pretty dry. I used 120 grit sandpaper to sand down the openings of the hood vents to make them fit. Just sanded little by little and kept checking to see when the vents would fit in.

vent2.jpg

vent1.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the TF hood vents, best looking hood vents imo. Great idea with the towel ideas too! I seem to get some water by the battery area.

CGCobra

Established Member
I have the Fore Precision ones which LFP makes a knockoff of OP. Water gets splashed on the radiator tank when washing the car, but other than that the engine bay stays pretty dry. I used 120 grit sandpaper to sand down the openings of the hood vents to make them fit. Just sanded little by little and kept checking to see when the vents would fit in.

I understand that Fore does not make them anymore but when i ordered mine from LFP they came with Fore directions .. was there a stock of them that LFP bought? .. im just not sure of them being "knock offs" as they are exactly the same as the ones from Fore.

ToddEdge

Established Member
I have the LFP ones and did the install about a month ago. Mine required quite a bit of filing of the openings to make them fit correctly. I spent maybe 2 hours on each one to file it so they sat correct. Well worth it in the end.

Todd

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have the fore ones & they needed a little sanding to fit, but LFP is famous for taking others directions &pictures &including them in with there knockoff

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the fore ones & they needed a little sanding to fit, but LFP is famous for taking others directions & pictures and including them in with their knockoff.

I was just going to post this but you beat me to it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

vent2.jpg

vent1.jpg

Same here
016-2.gif

Blueline

Established Member
I used to have the Fore ones, I loved them. I used to use either painters tape across the tops when I washed or used to put some towels over the engine to keep it from getting wet.

Users who are viewing this thread