Hoosier 28x10x16 Drag Skicks

03 KYL

Established Member
I have a set of Hoosier 28x10x16 drag slicks that I was using on my previous vehicle (03 Sonic Blue Lightning) at the drag strip and was wondering if I should/could/can use them on my Cobra provided I got a set of rims with the Mustang bolt pattern. From doing reading it looks like most people are using 26" slicks, but I already have these 28" slicks which are almost brand new and would like to use them if I could without any issues. My Cobra is still stock minus the MGW shifter , but I plan on adding the basic Cobra mods(intake, exhaust, etc.) by springtime. Any input is greatly appreciated!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
my opinion that is way to tire to run with the 3.55 stock gears it would turn them into a 3.2x or lower gear real quick, tear up your stock clutch if thats what you have.

Too make them work properly I would look into a smaller tire.

My buddy 03's similar to yours with mods would bog with 26x11.5x16 ET's on it, I dont even wanna know what a 28 would do

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
STREETREBEL said:
A 28" TALL TIRE IS SUPPOSE TO
THROW OFF YOUR ANTI LOCK BRAKES! :shrug:

yes...I had 17" ET Streets and they did kick on the abs light

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
that tire will work but you better be the mac daddy on power or it might slow you down with stock gears

i myself would run a 26 untill i can go 10.70@130 then up the power by 50-70rwhp then try that tire

just what i would do

03 KYL

Established Member
Thanks for the replies everyone

I figured they would be too big of a tire for the Cobra but I am fairly new to the Cobra world so I thought I would ask the question to those of you who know for sure. I have a friend with a Lightning that wants to buy them I'll just sell them to him and get some DR's for the Cobra then for now.

Users who are viewing this thread