HOOSIER..Drag radials

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
all of you running in the 1.5x short times, what tire pressures are you running them at and how large of a burnout did they need?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Mine is going on the car this weekend, i can't wait.
DSCN0166.jpg

V-Sicks

Established Member
You can run 335's on a 10.5" wheel on an IRS equipped car with just a 3/8-1/2" spacer and the low profile IRS bolt. That's all I ran on mine. And you can cut 1.52 60' times on them...

S5303639.jpg

S5303641.jpg

what is your suspension set up? Have any problems with half shafts with the 17 inch DR? Im a little worried about launching hard on small side wall tires with the IRS

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
I have been Searching threads on these Hoosiers. This one is pretty good but, No one has addressed if their fenders are rolled. I would love to get 335 / 17 to fit but I am afraid that if I add a 3/8-1/2" spacer to clear the IRS low-profile bolt it will push the tire out too far and rub the fender. Also would like to know the mileage on the hoosier vs M/T ET Streets

Anybody

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I have been Searching threads on these Hoosiers. This one is pretty good but, No one has addressed if their fenders are rolled. I would love to get 335 / 17 to fit but I am afraid that if I add a 3/8-1/2" spacer to clear the IRS low-profile bolt it will push the tire out too far and rub the fender. Also would like to know the mileage on the hoosier vs M/T ET Streets

Anybody

I ran the 315's on my 17x10.5 replicas with no spacer (just the low pro bolt) and they did touch the fender lip very slightly on big bumps or hard turns. My car is lowered some (~ 1 coil cut) but I would say the 335's would definately rub if lowered or without rolling the lip.

All else being equal you will see more mileage out of the M/T's than the Hoosiers. Obviously there is a lot that goes into how long a tire this soft lasts but I would say with aggressive street driving and some trips to the track maybe 3K-5K from the Hoosiers and 5K+ with the M/T. But maybe someone else can chime in with their experiences with mileage.

Bumblebee03

Established Member
So if I run a 335/35/17 on a 10.5 wheel with a 1/2" spacer and low profile bolts I should not have any problems with scrubbing?

My car is not lowered and the fenders are not rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread