HOOSIER..Drag radials

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
????? I just looked on their site and didn't even see any 03 Cobra wheels at all.

Damn, there site is complicated to navigate now... I've had mine for about 2.5yrs, maybe they discontinued them :shrug: .. all i see are the 10th ann. 17x9.... but i'm positive that's where i bought them from...

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
If you want a tire for the street go with the M/T DRs.

If you want them for hooking on the street then they blow MT DRs away.

Best DR for the street hands down.

For everyone else, with a 26" inch Hoosier DR, I was able to put down a 1.51 60 foot (once) with them. I was consistent 1.54 to 1.57 the same day.

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
It sounds like a spacer is definately needed with the 335's on a 10.5" rim with IRS. Do any of you guys run the 315's on a 10.5" rim without spacers?

I'm able to run the M/T 315/35R17 DR's on my 10.5" replicas without a spacer but just barely. I'd like to be able to do the same with the Hoosiers. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
What size spacer are you all using to clear the IRS? I'm using a 1/2" for my 315 MT DR's on 17x10.5" rims and I have a good bit of room between the tire and subframe. I think I could get a 335 in there....

machsp33d

Jim Garv
Established Member
what kinda mileage are you guys getting out of these? I have the BFG DR's and like 2 months an 2,500 miles later they're beat and I don't even go to the track! All the miles from a couple road trips to car shows out of town and such...Also got stuck in the rain the other night and it was like driving on ice!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
It sounds like a spacer is definately needed with the 335's on a 10.5" rim with IRS. Do any of you guys run the 315's on a 10.5" rim without spacers?

I'm able to run the M/T 315/35R17 DR's on my 10.5" replicas without a spacer but just barely. I'd like to be able to do the same with the Hoosiers. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

get the 315s, you shouldnt need any spacers to run them, and if you do it would only have to be a small one and maybe even just the low profile bolts will do. these tires can get about 5k miles out of them.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
get the 315s, you shouldnt need any spacers to run them, and if you do it would only have to be a small one and maybe even just the low profile bolts will do. these tires can get about 5k miles out of them.

Thanks for the info. I already have the low-pro IRS bolt so I should be fine. I checked Hoosier's website and the width of the 315 Hoosier is just a touch smaller than that of the M/T 315. And if these puppies don't last at least 3K miles then I may just have to suck it up and go with some Nitto's.

My justification for not getting the Nitto's though is I figure they are not going to hook as well as the Hoosiers and therefore I most likely will be spinning them over more often. So in the end I'll probably wear the Nittos down just as fast as the Hoosiers. How's that for convincing myself that it is OK to throw away $400 every 6 months on tires, lol. Nah, the safety (not wet road safety obviously, just traction safety) and fun factor of actually being able to plant the power is really what I am going for with the Hoosiers.

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Are the 315 Hoosier's a wrinkle wall bias ply style like a slick? I see on the Hoosier site they list a "DOT Drag Radial" and "Quick Time Pro DOT", what is the difference between both of these?

DOT Drag Radial...
mmmm.jpg

DOT Quick Time Pro...
q.gif

I'm looking for something like the MT ET streets, not a drag radial like the BFG's.

Thanks

Last edited:

shhak

Established Member
+1, what spacer are you guys running with the IRS???

You can run 335's on a 10.5" wheel on an IRS equipped car with just a 3/8-1/2" spacer and the low profile IRS bolt. That's all I ran on mine. And you can cut 1.52 60' times on them...

S5303639.jpg

S5303641.jpg

TRXboy

Established Member
what kinda mileage are you guys getting out of these? I have the BFG DR's and like 2 months an 2,500 miles later they're beat and I don't even go to the track! All the miles from a couple road trips to car shows out of town and such...Also got stuck in the rain the other night and it was like driving on ice!

Do you run the 17" or 18" style? The 17' style drag radial 2's suck for wear and tear. I wish they made the Drag Raild syle 1 for 17" wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread