Horrible Business: John Dough's Pizza Norwalk, CT

stangin99

Established Member
If you ever want pizza in Norwalk, or have the ability to influence others, AVOID this place.

Went out in SoNo with some friends tonight, town was very quiet. Ended up at Johns Pizza for some late night food. Only 1-2 other tables in the place. We ordered 3 pizzas at 8pm. By 8:45, we tracked down manager who said ordered would be out soon. By 8:55 the OWNER found us and apologized for the delay, said he would cover our bill so long as we generously tipped our server. We generously agreed.

After we tipped 30+% with no payment for actual bill, the owner tracked us down on SoNo sidewalk and demanded we pay for full bill. Refused to agree that he would cover our bill. Me + fiance ended up paying $80 for bill, plus the $30 we originally left for tip.

Please avoid this place. If you have influence, drive others away from it. I absolutely DESPISE bad customer service and ownership, and this is one of the few that is on my shitlist. Hell, I will give you beer for life if you bankrupt this place.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If you ever want pizza in Norwalk, or have the ability to influence others, AVOID this place.

Went out in SoNo with some friends tonight, town was very quiet. Ended up at Johns Pizza for some late night food. Only 1-2 other tables in the place. We ordered 3 pizzas at 8pm. By 8:45, we tracked down manager who said ordered would be out soon. By 8:55 the OWNER found us and apologized for the delay, said he would cover our bill so long as we generously tipped our server. We generously agreed.

After we tipped 30+% with no payment for actual bill, the owner tracked us down on SoNo sidewalk and demanded we pay for full bill. Refused to agree that he would cover our bill. Me + fiance ended up paying $80 for bill, plus the $30 we originally left for tip.

Please avoid this place. If you have influence, drive others away from it. I absolutely DESPISE bad customer service and ownership, and this is one of the few that is on my shitlist. Hell, I will give you beer for life if you bankrupt this place.

Why did you pay the bill? I don't get it.

To me, if the bill was $80, tipping $30 was more than generous (between 35-40%). I would not have paid the bill.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah I wouldnt have payed the bill. Tell him to eat dirt.

stangin99

Established Member
Why did you pay the bill? I don't get it.

To me, if the bill was $80, tipping $30 was more than generous (between 35-40%). I would not have paid the bill.

The owner confronted my fiance down before I could walk her away. She is overly nice. Chalk it up to me not being aggressive enough to walk her away.

I could care less about the money. **** the owner and his behavior.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
If you really wanna make an impact make sure this makes it on Urban Spoon. That will work best. I read all the reviews there before going to a new place.

Planter

Banned
I wouldn't have paid the bill, would have grabbed the gf and walked out, that would have been the end of it.

I don't ever plan to visit the East Coast, so I don't think I have much to worry about. this really could have gone in the regional forum. not everyone here is from the east coast and it really doesn't pertain to everyone here. :shrug:

A Taste of Home - SVTPerformance

stangin99

Established Member
I wouldn't have paid the bill, would have grabbed the gf and walked out, that would have been the end of it.

I don't ever plan to visit the East Coast, so I don't think I have much to worry about. this really could have gone in the regional forum. not everyone here is from the east coast and it really doesn't pertain to everyone here. :shrug:

A Taste of Home - SVTPerformance

We were down the street fetching a cab, when the owner found us.

I will post it there as well. I am just pissed, and the more people that have a negative opinion of the place, the better. Time for a beer.

blwn306

Established Member
Tell em to pound sand!!! Me or my gf have patience for bad service or liars. In fact she is more like a pit bull! Sucks man spread the word!!!

Planter

Banned
I call BS. No one pays $110 for pizza.

dude it's the East Coast we're talking about here. that's Ripoff City, America.

they piiyb, break it off, and then tack on another 45%. have you seen rent in NYC??? :eek:

this bill is not that far fetched.

Last

Established Member
dude it's the East Coast we're talking about here. that's Ripoff City, America.

they piiyb, break it off, and then tack on another 45%. have you seen rent in NYC??? :eek:

this bill is not that far fetched.

They have .50 wings and $4 drafts, $12 pitchers, on some nights they do pizza and a pint for $9. They are rated by most online places at $$ out of $$$$ which means cheap....Still calling BS.

VictorySong

Established Member
Should I assume everyone is on every forum on the entire internet?

:bored:

Arfcom is the internet.
skeletor.jpg

Last edited:

stangin99

Established Member
They have .50 wings and $4 drafts, $12 pitchers, on some nights they do pizza and a pint for $9. They are rated by most online places at $$ out of $$$$ which means cheap....Still calling BS.

Holy jebus, this is hard for you isn't it. Did I say we were there for happy hour?

Here's some easy math. 7 people; 3 large pizzas at I believe $16 each. Add several beers, at $4-$6 each.

Please tell me how $80 isn't possible?

jbs$

Established Member
Correct approach, pay as it is not that much money and it keeps him from calling the cops. Then, bad mouth the hell out of the place. Be sure to tell only the truth in the process. This will cost him far more money than he took from you with his bill.

o2k

Noob
Established Member
You should have punched your girlfriend in the eye and told the owner that he just assaulted your girlfriend and your calling the cops.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread