Horrible scam on vwvortex

trevkm7

Established Member
So I was just searching vwvortex looking at cars and apparently this guy (mainvdubbin) sold a kid from connecticut a gti for 7200 dollars. Didn't tell him it was a salvage title,and also didn't tell him it needed almost 4,000 dollars in repairs. When the kid tried to resell the car for 6500 after fixing some of the problems with it Mainvdubbin blew up his for sale thread and told everyone all the problems with it and that the car was only worth 3,000! I cannot believe people these days!!! REDICULOUS
heres the link...scroll to post # 16 and then post # 20
VWVortex.com - FS: 2002 GTI VR6, 95,000m, CT, **6,500** need to sell

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
honestly the kid who bought the car in the first place is a complete idiot. the seller was a complete jerk off but its buyer beware, as is where is.

Last edited:

trevkm7

Established Member
honestly the kid who bought the car in the first place is a complete idiot.

absolutely,but come ON man thats so low. Its so nuts though all of the cars on there are over priced by like 3k. I bought a 90k mile 2001 wolfsburg with a big turbo 2 years ago for 6,000. Now theres 150k mile cars going for 8,000. I've noticed it on this site too, all of the '03 cobras have gone up in price so much since the winter its amazing.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Kid should've known better before buying. Even from the beginning when the seller is trying to persuade him to buy the car should've been a red flag.

txyaloo

Established Member
absolutely,but come ON man thats so low. Its so nuts though all of the cars on there are over priced by like 3k. I bought a 90k mile 2001 wolfsburg with a big turbo 2 years ago for 6,000. Now theres 150k mile cars going for 8,000. I've noticed it on this site too, all of the '03 cobras have gone up in price so much since the winter its amazing.

The price issue is simple economics. It's the summer. Prices on sports cars go up in the summer when demand is higher and fall in the winter when demand is lower. Supply is also usually higher in the winter.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The prices on most used cars have gone up due to serveral reasons, one being a lack of supply after "cash for clunkers" that drove people to buy more expensive cars since they had no choice after all the sub $5k cars were destroyed. Inflation...

Dusten

Established Member
Im sorry but if the seller failed to tell him it was a salvage title, and then he was too stupid to notice the title had a big ****ing brand on it then he's a retard

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It was a kid who bought it, 17 years old and pretty gullible. Either way I hope the scammer get screwed. I don't believe in karma but damn does the scammer deserve an ass kicking and some lessons in being a gentleman.

Scammers name: Gary Desautels

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Vwvortex is the most retarded site I have ever visted. The seller needs to beat the **** out of this guy.

wjk

Established Member
That blows, I was reading the Vwvortex thread and can't believe the original owner got onto the new owner's for sale thread and started bashing the car. What an asshole!

trevkm7

Established Member
It was a kid who bought it, 17 years old and pretty gullible. Either way I hope the scammer get screwed. I don't believe in karma but damn does the scammer deserve an ass kicking and some lessons in being a gentleman.

Scammers name: Gary Desautels

Thats why it's so low. All I can say is do you guys know how long it takes a 17 year old to save up 7,300 dollars while working a shitty ass job for minimum wage???

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Doesnt it say on the title that it was a salvaged title car?

That guy is a major douche. I hope someone scams the **** out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread