Horror stories, '03s & TSBs

IZZY

Established Member
I've heard the horror stories & read the TSBs on the numerous & sometimes serious mechanical issues with the '03 Cobra. Does anyone know if those problems were with all '03s or were the latter '03 production runs problem free (in particular built after Jan.03). I refrained from considering '03s for purchase but now wonder if there was an acceptable production & if so when. Any help would be immensely appreciated before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I have a 1st run Cobra....Nothing wrong with it (knock on wood) other than the TOB squealed and I got a whole new tranny out the deal...don't ask how but I'm thankful!

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I've had some issues with my rear tires wearing out from excessive tire spin. It drives me nuts. Ford won't do anything about it either, and the cost of new tires is driving me crazy.

I've also noticed lots of smoke coming from the rear of my car. SVT is somehow trying to connect this problem with the excessive tire spin issue.

I've also had issues with excessive fuel consumption. Apparently if you drive the car hard it uses up more fuel. Once again Ford is aware of this issue, but refuses to address it.

My car was also making a loud whine when I floored it. I took it in to have SVT look at it, and they said it was normal. I ended up fixing this myself with the Whipple mod.

From the factory the car was way to quiet (with the exception of the aforementioned whine noise). The boys at Bassani helped with out with that one, because Ford said the low noise was normal.

And the most annoying thing is my paint. The touch up paint Ford supplied me doesn't match, now It looks like I have two silver stripes running the length of my car.

I can't wait until the next Cobra.:D

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
I've had some issues with my rear tires wearing out from excessive tire spin. It drives me nuts. Ford won't do anything about it either, and the cost of new tires is driving me crazy.

I've also noticed lots of smoke coming from the rear of my car. SVT is somehow trying to connect this problem with the excessive tire spin issue.

I've also had issues with excessive fuel consumption. Apparently if you drive the car hard it uses up more fuel. Once again Ford is aware of this issue, but refuses to address it.

My car was also making a loud whine when I floored it. I took it in to have SVT look at it, and they said it was normal. I ended up fixing this myself with the Whipple mod.

From the factory the car was way to quiet (with the exception of the aforementioned whine noise). The boys at Bassani helped with out with that one, becasue Ford said the low noise was normal.

And the most annoying thing is my paint. The touch up paint Ford supplied me doesn't match, now It looks like I have two silver stripes running the length of my car.

:lol: that was great! :beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member

From the factory the car was way to quiet (with the exception of the aforementioned whine noise). The boys at Bassani helped with out with that one, becasue Ford said the low noise was normal.

LMAO!!!!

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member

That's classic.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have over 6K on my '03 Cobra and haven't had a problem. This car has been a joy to own/drive, I think it's a keeper.
:beer:

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
Originally posted by IZZY
I've heard the horror stories & read the TSBs on the numerous & sometimes serious mechanical issues with the '03 Cobra.

What yo 'splainin?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread