Horse Power TV fuel system

Yellow Horse

Established Member
The GT500s have 2 fuel pumps but they are both mounted onto that one fuel hat. I dont know for sure but if the only fuel system upgrade you have is the injectors I'd say you're pushing it. Injectors and BAP and you might be fine.

There is a rubber boot on each side. I guess I thought there was a pump under each boot.

I have a BAP with a Lund tune.

BAP is really half ass fix.

KB would not like to hear that. I'm sure they were not happy with the segment on HorsepowerTV. I thought it was pretty shitty of them to bag on the BAP especially since they did not put it on their dyno and at least give the A:F. You do not have any data to back up that claim. I think most of the GT500's with popped engines were rod failures. Not tune related. I think there are enough people running a BAP to prove it is reliable.

Never cared much for that show anyway. They did get rid of that fat bag of wind Chuck Hanson, El Presidente of the Chevelle Owners of America and ramming a Chevelle down the viewers throat every weekend. They rarely do a Mustang or Ford product, then and now. They should have done a show on a KB or Whipple install on a GT500 and others. They did do one on a 2003 Cobra. Chuck Hanson made a couple of smart ass remarks after seeing a pulley, chip and drop-in air filter put that 03 Cobra at 430 rwhp. Typical Gubamint Motors clown boy.

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
The only bad thing I've heard about a BAP is that if you use the boost switch theres a chance it can cause a little lag in sending the increased fuel. To get past that you just bypass that switch so that its always running the increased voltage. KB told me thats fine with the street version but did not recommend doing that with the competition version although I've read of plenty of people doing it with the competition version without problems.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
BAP is really half ass fix.
i agree completely. no matter how proven it is(and i won't argue that it is), the idea of increasing fuel flow to your 650+HP engine by upping the voltage on the stock fuel pumps beyond a level beyond their target spec is simply idiotic. everyone understands that, if you drop one of those fuel pumps while under full boost, you WILL be building a new engine after your air-fuel goes through the roof. like i mentioned before, if the stock fuel pumps were intended to run at that voltage then that's how they would've came from the factory. read any thread on yellowbullet asking about what fuel pump to run, and you'll notice that the majority of members say a cable drive mechanical pump instead of 2(or more) electric pumps for fear that one of those pumps goes out half way down the 1/4 and you eat your engine.
a REAL fuel system may be ~$1000, but a new engine will likely be $10,000+. why take the chance?

Cuda426

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread