Hot weather effects on times?

shoaf85

Established Member
I'm curious as to how much the mph and e.t.(overall power) is affected by hot humid weather even when you ice the car down and fill your box up with ice? Ran my car last night for the first time with the whipple and ran a 7.160 @ 102 w/ a 1.66 60'. FIrst time out with the e.t. streets(27/10.5/15) also. Couldn't get the car to sixty like I wanted it to with these tires but the main thing is I figured my speed would at least be higher with the power my car is at with 17 psi! Just pretty much wondering if these cars slow down with this type of weather? Don't know the humidity but the temp was low 90's! Car was tuned and made its numbers in low 80 degree weather!

03AV8R

Established Member
On a N/A car it can be a 2 tenths loss in the 1/4 mile easily.. As much as 3 tenths on a really bad day.. Sometimes might only lose a tenth but thats really because the track "normally" hooks alot better when its really hot so you can make up for some of it right there.. Thats been my take on it anyways.. Meth Inj works great on really hot & nasty days.. Its like the car is gettiin cooled off the same way kids do under an open fire-hydrant! :D

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Since I have limited knowledge on the 03-04 and the intercooler set up I'm not sure if it is as drastic as mine.

90 or hotter deg summer heat 9.70s@134 or so
upper 70s- 80s 9.50s@135-136 or so
around 70 or a little below 9.30s@137 or so
60 deg or below 9.2@140
My 60' doesn't change much always high 1.2s low 1.3s
This is with the non intercooled roots blower.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
shoaf85 said:
I'm curious as to how much the mph and e.t.(overall power) is affected by hot humid weather even when you ice the car down and fill your box up with ice? Ran my car last night for the first time with the whipple and ran a 7.160 @ 102 w/ a 1.66 60'. FIrst time out with the e.t. streets(27/10.5/15) also. Couldn't get the car to sixty like I wanted it to with these tires but the main thing is I figured my speed would at least be higher with the power my car is at with 17 psi! Just pretty much wondering if these cars slow down with this type of weather? Don't know the humidity but the temp was low 90's! Car was tuned and made its numbers in low 80 degree weather!

To best answer your question, contact your tuner. Based upon your tune, most importantly your IAT temps, your tuner should pull timing as the temps start to come up. Some tuners are more conservative than others, thus person A's car might run better in the heat than person B, because of the 2 different spark timing tables(in the tune).

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Last time to the track it was hot as hell out. I was pulling the same 60 foots as the last time I went (low 2.3s, no spinning) but couldn't get in the 15s. After the sun went down, it cooled down a lot, but it was still warmer than the time I got the 15.8, and as a result, my best was 16.1.

The difference between the 2 nights was about 35 degrees.

Venom351R

Established Member
I went on June 1st when it was really hot and humid and then again a few nights ago on the 29th and it was not humid at all and much cooler and I dropped 3 tenths from the night it was hot and humid. I did run a better 60' time but it was not a huge improvement so I'll consider the 3ths due to the weather.

Sny714

Established Member
I ran my NA 01 cobra in may and went 13.1@107. I Ran it last weekend and ran a [email protected], it was much hotter this time and the car couldnt trap more than 105mph compared to the 107 I hit when it was cooler. Also the [email protected] was with a much better 60'(1.8) compared to the 107mph 60' of 2.0. So pretty much if I woudlve drove the car in may the way I drove it recently the car wouldve been in the 12's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread