Hot Wheels - 93 Cobra R

coremaster21

Established Member
Anyone in here collect Hot Wheels? I just started collecting them a few months ago and have really been enjoying it.

There was a convention in Charlotte, North Carolina this past weekend and they unveiled a teal 93 Cobra R as one of the convention pieces. This is the first time they released this casting so it’s brand new and very cool to see Mattel finally do a Cobra. They are selling for around $200 on the market, only 4,000 made. Thought you guys might think it’s cool.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• Image1648424777.641081.jpg
    Image1648424777.641081.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Ah man, I didn’t know they were having a hot wheels convention. I collect hotwheels and other diecast. That’s a cool piece you bought!

coremaster21

Established Member
Ah man, I didn’t know they were having a hot wheels convention. I collect hotwheels and other diecast. That’s a cool piece you bought!

Yeah I wasn’t able to go and I didn’t buy this exact one, it was just an example. I do really like the casting though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is pretty awesome that Hot Wheels did a '93 Cobra R. I used to be an avid collector and went to local Hot Wheels conventions. Did the whole chase thing numerous times. I got out of it and sold off my smallish collection. It was a fun endeavor while it lasted.

BittenInBama

Established Member
I have been collecting mustang stuff for years and diecast is a big part of it.
The red Cobra R is not available yet. Most if not all those on ebay are pre-sales. It should be shipping june/July hopefully.
We were at the Charlotte Nationals last week too. If you're a diecast collector you HAVE to attend one of these! Thousands of diecast cars available. Stuff you didn't even know existed.
The Teal Cobra R was the dinner giveaway car. Every convention they honor a team member. This year it was packaging designer Julian Koiles who happens to be a big mustang guy. Car designer Brendon Vetusky designed the car and is friend of Julian. 2 of my Teal cars have both their autographs too.

The red car is spectacular looking (Brendon had the final preproduction model on display) but they made 25-30,000 of them. This dinner car was limited to only 4000.

Users who are viewing this thread