House Foreclosure question

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how to find out what lender owns a certain house. I am trying to buy a house that foreclosed and there is a middleman company that is just a bunch of DB's. They take forever to do anything. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to find out who owns the house i want to buy and call them direct?????

bossvt

Established Member
If the mortgage holder is one of those mortgage backed securities, they may never unravel the red tape of who owns it.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
The county's tax and property system should have some sort of online system with the owners name, and propertly value. Good luck on getting the exact amount.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
The county's tax and property system should have some sort of online system with the owners name, and propertly value. Good luck on getting the exact amount.

Yeah, I would google that specific county's tax assessors website and you can generally search by address or name etc.

Bad Fish

Established Member
Walk into your county courthouse, go to the assessor’s office, ask the nice person at the counter who owns the property. If it's a recent foreclosure, I doubt the county's web site will be updated yet, it can sometimes take months to update. Going to the courthouse can sometimes be fast than making phone calls as well. Good luck.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Yeah but the property value isn't going to be what is owed on the property or really a good property assesment. I'm a realtor and it's really had to judge what they are going to do. Just submit an offer and they'll pretty much tell you what they'll take for the house. Then play with it from there. The bank could care less what it's WORTH. They want their money back. Submit a good offer and you'll probably get it. Most banks will ditch a property and give you a good deal if you can close within the month so they don't have to lose out on another payment. If you need anymore advice PM me. I have a lot of good hints and tricks.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Yeah but the property value isn't going to be what is owed on the property or really a good property assesment. I'm a realtor and it's really had to judge what they are going to do. Just submit an offer and they'll pretty much tell you what they'll take for the house. Then play with it from there. The bank could care less what it's WORTH. They want their money back. Submit a good offer and you'll probably get it. Most banks will ditch a property and give you a good deal if you can close within the month so they don't have to lose out on another payment. If you need anymore advice PM me. I have a lot of good hints and tricks.

Long story short- My Mother in law and I are going to buy the house. She has known of this house for some time now. The house was going into foreclosure and she put in an offer. They didnt even get to the offer until after the house foreclosed so it was rejected. The house went up for auction and didn't get a bid. So now i want to submit an offer but i want to talk to someone. I sell cars for a living so talking to someone during negotiations works well for me. I want to talk money and be done. I don't want to wait the 3-6months it "generally takes"

Anyway i could get online and see what bank owns it now so i can try to find out who to talk to there

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how to find out what lender owns a certain house. I am trying to buy a house that foreclosed and there is a middleman company that is just a bunch of DB's. They take forever to do anything. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to find out who owns the house i want to buy and call them direct?????

Two Words: "Title Search"

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
I'm doing the same thing. Went to the county web site did a "Property Tax Record" search and found the status. I already knew Countrywide held the mortgage so I routinely do a search of "REO properties" at Countrywide's website.

The property I'm interested in isn't listed yet but I used their site to find the Real estate broker who is typically assigned foreclosed properties in my area. The broker assured me she would will call me when and if it is. They still have to list it but I'll at least have a heads up when it is so I can bid.

This one covers a few of the major banks but doesn't give the street number or contact info unless you sign up.
Search REO Properties - Find REO Foreclosures

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread