How 'bout a Ford GT with a KB blower?

Ad Wizard

Love+Peace+BikeGrease
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
No not exactly. There is no difference between Eaton and Whipple when it comes to twin screws. Eaton has the OEM license from Lysholm, Whipple has the aftermarket. there for my statement it is more like a larger eaton.

I didn't know Eaton made twin screw blowers. Regardless who makes them, I doubt there would be much gain from switching to basically the same blower design...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
No not exactly. There is no difference between Eaton and Whipple when it comes to twin screws. Eaton has the OEM license from Lysholm, Whipple has the aftermarket. there for my statement it is more like a larger eaton.

I think we're agreeing. Lysholm tech supplies the cores for eaton and whipple. When you said "it's more like a larger eaton", most people interchange the words "eaton" and "roots" on here.

Big 8

Established Member
Oh god people get over it! Hennesy this and Hennesy that. If the guy didnt rip you off what are you crying about? He has a lot of satisfied customers. He also makes some damn fast and reliable aftermarket cars. Show me another more competitive tunner for the FORD gt? So when you buy your 200K car you dont need to take it to him LOL. Have the midas guys tune your GT! :shrug: ( dont bother to tell me about the Viper guys who got ripped off five years ago either nobody cares!)

Also the prices are right on par with other tunners. Gallardo exhausts run 10k from numerous sources. The Borla option for the Ford GT is $7,500. Thats the way it works. There are about 4500 of these cars and maybe , just maybe three hundred will see upgrades? Thats a large investment for minimal possibilites of return. Its not like a Mustang where 185,000 a year will be sold with twenty five thousand getting an exhaust upgrade.

blown331

Established Member
DBK said:
No it's not. It's a Lysholm Tech twin screw, which is essentially the OEM version of an aftermarket Whipple. They use the same core for the kit.

Holy shit....are those ur cars in your sig.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Big 8 said:
The Borla option for the Ford GT is $7,500. Thats the way it works. There are about 4500 of these cars and maybe , just maybe three hundred will see upgrades? Thats a large investment for minimal possibilites of return. Its not like a Mustang where 185,000 a year will be sold with twenty five thousand getting an exhaust upgrade.

Wrong. The list price of the exhaust is $2700. It can be had for less than that.

Borla Exhaust

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
MonkeysL said:

Eaton is a roots style blower, the blower on the GT is a screw type.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Could it beat this???

lol.gif

Big 8

Established Member
DBK said:
Wrong. The list price of the exhaust is $2700. It can be had for less than that.

Borla Exhaust

Well well well I stand corrected. The Borla muffler is only $2,700 dollars! You were in the thread that Tom B was quoted $7,500 on just the other day? Either way point still stands. Its costly.... :banana: Its not a Mustang your bolting stuff on to and people who play with it will be few and far between.

Perhaps Tom miskeyed in the thread on this site?

Last edited:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
WAY OVER PRICED that K&N filter I seen at pep boys for $30 and that pipe too!!! :nono:
do they make there own parts or are they just selling the same sh1t the local tune shops do :shrug:

MonkeysL

Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Eaton is a roots style blower, the blower on the GT is a screw type.

According to Modular Power Magazine, Vol.2 No.4 that feature the build up of the GT power plant. The Ford GT comes equipped with a Eaton-Lysholm Supercharger

Fresno, California – 12 years ago, Whipple Superchargers brought the screw-type supercharger to the North American market and has since, become the leaders in screw compressor technology. Since Art Whipple, the founder, developed the first bolt on system utilizing the screw compressor, Whipple Superchargers has been regarded as the leaders of supercharging GM engines with incredible technological advancements, unsurpassed performance, OEM quality, and OEM packaging, has now signed an exclusive agreement with Lysholm Technologies and Eaton Corporation to distribute twin-screw compressors of Lysholm design to the aftermarket industry. With this agreement, Whipple Superchargers has already begun development of “bolt-on” supercharger systems for popular Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda, BMW, Mercedes and Mercury Marine engines with state-of-the-art computer technology to aid in computer programming. Eaton Corporation has an exclusive contract for Lysholm compressors for OEM levels while Whipple Superchargers will handle the aftermarket industry. Whipple no longer has any involvement or association in any way to the company Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell products." :beer:

svt pimp

Established Member
the stock dyno on the web site for the ford GT is my buddy because he was the first one to go to them they did the 100hp kit for free he should get it back i a week or so they have to wait for the header gaskets then they got to bolt on the new headrers i will post with the video and the new dyno a.s.a.p

xlcrew

Established Member
i agree with what Big 8 said. you pay over 200,000 dollars for a car, you aren't going to have people sell you a kit that cost 5000 dollars that gives you 100 hp. i mean come on if you were him and you had the ability to make a fast car better and faster, and the clientel that would spend that much money to have that stuff done wouldn't you do it? i know i would it's all about the market here. it's a high end car, he's and hennessey is a high end tuner it ain't cheap.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
shaved03gt said:
19.000 bucks for 100hp man is hennessey a ripe off jesus how can people even think about going to him lol i don't get it???

Probably just for a pulley and removal/install tool. :poke:

Tom B

Established Member
Big 8 said:
Well well well I stand corrected. The Borla muffler is only $2,700 dollars! You were in the thread that Tom B was quoted $7,500 on just the other day? Either way point still stands. Its costly.... :banana: Its not a Mustang your bolting stuff on to and people who play with it will be few and far between.

Perhaps Tom miskeyed in the thread on this site?

I think that I posted List - $2700, paid - $2200, a user named TexasGT was quoted $7500.

Tom

satx

Banned
MonkeysL said:
its more like a larger eaton

how about... it's a twin screw eaton.......in other words, what's the point of a KB if you already have a twin screw LIKE the KB? That about clear it up for everybody?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Some people here have it correct, while others are just out in left field. Eaton manufactures both roots type and Lysholm TWIN-SCREW type superchargers, and Eaton supplies Ford with the TWIN-SCREW superchargers for the Ford GT supercar. NOT Whipple. And last but not least, the only way that a Kenne Belle supercharger would be a performance improvement for the Ford GT supercar over and above what it comes with from the factory is if it was a larger displacement S/cer than the 2.3 TWIN-SCREW EATON supercharger than it already comes with from Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread