How 'bout a Ford GT with a KB blower?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Why would a Ford GT need a KB 2.4 when it comes with a Whipple, well, basically a Whipple 2.3 from the factory?

rezcobra

Established Member
nidyanazo said:
How nasty would that 5.4 be with a 2.4L KB on top?!? :pepper:
Anyone got any pics/vids of modded GT's?

A 3.3 Lysholm would fit with no problems under the GT's rear hatch!! :beer:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
How on earth are they charging $20K for a 100hp, id imagine a intake/pulley/catback/tune would give you a 100hp EASILY on a GT. Do companies that make parts for L's/cobra's make parts for the GT as well?

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I wouldnt think it would be hard to make parts for. The blower is basically a Whipple, the engine is a 5.4, it does have some different stuff with the fuel system, twin injectors per cylinder and what not but Im sure it can be tuned and modded like any Cobra can. It wouldnt take much to make 650 or more in one, maybe even alot more since the engine is bigger and it already has what alot of Cobra owners dont get into, headers.

Thats why Hennessy is a rip off, that much for parts that have been being done since 2003, yea, ,|,, that!

MonkeysL

Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Why would a Ford GT need a KB 2.4 when it comes with a Whipple, well, basically a Whipple 2.3 from the factory?

its more like a larger eaton

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
*cough* RIP-OFF ARTIST *cough*

anyone who would take their car to that crook gets what they deserve... i.e. bent over and BuFu'd!!!

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
its more like a larger eaton

No it's not. It's a Lysholm Tech twin screw, which is essentially the OEM version of an aftermarket Whipple. They use the same core for the kit.

MonkeysL

Established Member
DBK said:
No it's not. It's a Lysholm Tech twin screw, which is essentially the OEM version of an aftermarket Whipple. They use the same core for the kit.
No not exactly. There is no difference between Eaton and Whipple when it comes to twin screws. Eaton has the OEM license from Lysholm, Whipple has the aftermarket. there for my statement it is more like a larger eaton.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
shaved03gt said:
19.000 bucks for 100hp man is hennessey a ripe off jesus how can people even think about going to him lol i don't get it???
People with money and a yen for notoriety flock to his door. Believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread