how can i pick some mph.

EatonMe

A Kenne Bell/Whipple, or perhaps turbo, should definitely do the trick.;) J/k.

A ported blower, and nitrous would definitely give you an increase in trap speeds.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
just throw some skinnies on the front...there 2 mph right there
ported blower is another 2-3 and a 35 shot should make up another 3-4.

all together, you will have picked up 7-10mph

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
skinnies are good for 2-3mph? That seems really high. Has somebody tried that and got those results. Hell if that is the case I think that will be next on my list. Has anyone here ever tried 2 spare tires for the 1/8 miles track as skinnies?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
chrisle7220 said:
the ported blower will get your 118 trap to like 121-123.

You think a 5mph increase with only a ported blower is possible? I ask cause im trapping 118 as well... I will be happy when I hit the 120 mark

TRBO VNM

o3SnakeBite said:
You think a 5mph increase with only a ported blower is possible? I ask cause im trapping 118 as well... I will be happy when I hit the 120 mark

I ran consistent 122 with a 2.76 upper and ported blower.

also, depending on how strick the track is, they won't let you run spare tires. If you read the side wall I think they aren't rated for anything over 55mph, if that. I know people who have tried, but the track won't let them.

trey193

Established Member
Elmo I would say its in your tune. WHen I first pullied my car and only had a CAI, 2.80 pulley, and Catback and one or 2 other little things best my car would trap was low 118's and I was driving it descent then, Rick found out that that tune I had was going rich over so many key cycles, so he sent me my new race tune and it has been golden ever since. If you are driving the car well meaning fast speed shifting or powershifting and you are only trapping 118 in good air then something is up, you should def. be at 120 with aggressive driving at a good track in good air with your mods.

chrisle7220

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:

O for sure man. If you havent looked it up, most guys with the apten are trapping 121-125. But it also has a lot to do with the track, weather, elevation, and etc...

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
hmmm, you trap the same as i do in the 1/8, but i am trapping consistent 121.xx mph in the 1/4. no ported blower, and no power shifting. on average with the eaton, the cobras usually pick up 25-27 mph in the top half of the track. i would say it's in your tune if your driving is perfect. did you trap consistent 118s before the brisks?

elmo0244

Established Member
fiorefiveoh said:
hmmm, you trap the same as i do in the 1/8, but i am trapping consistent 121.xx mph in the 1/4. no ported blower, and no power shifting. on average with the eaton, the cobras usually pick up 25-27 mph in the top half of the track. i would say it's in your tune if your driving is perfect. did you trap consistent 118s before the brisks?
118 been my high i did run w/o the brisk one time and the mph was around 116 with a bad track prep day,but i did p/u about .75-1.00 mph in the 1/8 mile i had more 1/8 mile testing this year.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Elmo: I was afraid of the job too but one day I just dove in and did it. Not too bad really. Go for it!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
cool the car down, bag of ice on the blower, run it cold. Powershift the hell out of it, get some good weather.

Ive been 123 with an unported blower before

Users who are viewing this thread