How dark is my tint?

2k3gt

Established Member
Hey guys, I just bought my car about a month ago completely stock except for the window tint. It looks darker than the legal 35% (in Washington), but I'm not sure if it's a 20% or what. What do you guys think?

firstpictures003co6.th.jpg

firstpictures017pq1.th.jpg

Sorry, I'm kinda a noob when it comes to posting pictures...not really sure how to make them bigger yet.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
hard to tell from those small pics, looks almost like 5% to me. I have 20% on my car and many say it looks darker than other 20s. Really depends on the brand of tint used.

2k3gt

Established Member
Damn, if it's 5% then that's just begging to get pulled over where I live. I'll try to post larger pics.

silverstang23

Established Member
bad angles, but i would say 15. In the picture that is perpendicular to the car you can see the steering wheel. If it was 5 you wouldn't be able to. What color is the interior?

2k3gt

Established Member
it looks like 5%. Heres a pic of my stang with 5%, does it look any lighter than this or just as dark?
S6300122.jpg

I'd say it looks about the same as yours. Thanks for the comparison picture man. I guess it'll just be a matter of time before I get pulled over and have to take it off for something lighter, haha.

P.S. How do you post pictures that size? I can only get those little thumbnails to show up.

silverstang23

Established Member
I'd say it looks about the same as yours. Thanks for the comparison picture man. I guess it'll just be a matter of time before I get pulled over and have to take it off for something lighter, haha.

P.S. How do you post pictures that size? I can only get those little thumbnails to show up.

copy the image code

2k3gt

Established Member
bad angles, but i would say 15. In the picture that is perpendicular to the car you can see the steering wheel. If it was 5 you wouldn't be able to. What color is the interior?

The interior is all black...would that be able to make a 15% look as dark as a 5%?

NXSVTCOBRA

5% is what I have on my truck, if I drove this truck at night it wouldn't be that dark, I think I drove it once at night and was a pain in the ass.

Picture015.jpg

2k3gt

Established Member
copy the image code

Yeah I hosted it on imageshack and copied the codes and all that, but i can only get the thumbnails to show up no matter what size I select. I guess I'll just have to mess with it some more 'til I get it right...or maybe I'm just straight retarded, haha.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

i host them to photobucket and just post the

2k3gt

Established Member
5% is what I have on my truck, if I drove this truck at night it wouldn't be that dark, I think I drove it once at night and was a pain in the ass.

Picture015.jpg

Damn that's dark! I'm startin to think that I must have a 15% or 20% tint that appears darker due to my black interior. Thanks for postin up the picture man.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member

with the right light, yes you can see the steering wheel through 5%. I should know. I have it on my car and got stopped for tint about 2 months ago.

JWSnake

Established Member
Definitely cant tell from those. Seems to be 5 or 15, but from far away all tint darker than 35 is hard to distinguish between, especially when its overcast. You shouldnt take it off, Ive always had 5 on my cars and havent had too much trouble... lol. Plus, 5 on black is sick :rockon:

eclipsemustang

Established Member
i had 5% on one car and 20% on another yours looks to be inbetween. 5% does suck at night my ex-gf lived just out of town at the top of a hill and i always had to roll the windows down because i couldnt see the glow of lights coming up the hill

Users who are viewing this thread