How difficult to remove Eaton?

03_cobra984

Established Member
Wanting to remove my Eaton to send off to get ported. Just curious as to how difficult it is to do? I read the how-to with the pictures and it doesn't seem to bad. But I also know from past projects that just Bc it seems easy on paper isn't always the case when u start turning wrenches! Thanks

Zemedici

Established Member
Not bad at all.

Intake
Belt
bolts

comes out as a unit with the lower intercooler attached. I had to replace my lower intercooler, and with the help of 2 nimrods I had it done in about 3 hours. No biggie.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Please do not reuse the supercharger to lower intake bolts. Throw them away! Please. ARP sells high quality bolts as replacements. I learned the hard way.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Does anyone have the part # for the ARP lower intake bolts

I bought mine from ProWeld at performanceparts.com. They are a little pricey, but I think worth the cost. You can get them in 6 point, 12 point, hex head... oxide finish, stainless finish. Pretty good selection. Their website is a little complicated, so might want to give them a quick call to make sure you get what you are looking for. Apparently Ford 4V mod motors are their 'thing'. My experience was good, so I'll be a repeat customer when I have another need. Hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread