How do you change the inner belt?

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Does any one have any info on what to remove in order to replace the inner belt behind the that mess of pullies for the Supercharger? :shrug:

MVD

Established Member
I am sure there are other ways but the easy way is to remove the SC pulley bridge and associated pulleys/tensioner. It is self explanatory after that is out of the way. Should only take 20 minutes or so.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
I have all that stuff removed, How do you remove the lower pully? It looks like a allen wrench will fit it. I have a size that fits but not sure it is suppose to unscrew or what? :poke::shrug:

Chas

Established Member
I am sure there are other ways but the easy way is to remove the SC pulley bridge and associated pulleys/tensioner. It is self explanatory after that is out of the way. Should only take 20 minutes or so.

You have to take the lower pulley off too...:dw: it takes longer than 20 minutes. The lower is reverse threaded. Be sure you take all the cage bolts out before you break the pulley loose or you'll F*** it up. You need a breaker bar and a long pipe. Put the car in gear and pull the breaker bar towards the drivers side. Now would be a good time to replace any bad idler pulleys also. Mine all had alot of drag, I just let some motor oil soak into them for a few hours and it loosened them right up.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
CHAS - Thanks! That is what I was looking for. I have all those bolts out also, just was concerned about getting that F'n lower pulley off of there. Man I would hate to see what the dealer would have charged to have something like this changed, engineering at it's best. Thanks again!

Chas

Established Member
Its not that hard, but alittle scary breaking it loose the first time. The cage moves with the pulley and it looks like you messed something up when it starts to move.

Users who are viewing this thread