how do you find out all the information on your Cobra?

01SVT2894

Established Member
Just picked one up... don't know the build number or build date. how can i get this info? Also, how can i get the SVT Cert?

red95gts

Established Member
FYI..the wait time on a SVT Certificate is bordering on ridiculous. I called on Jan 7th, they charged my Credit Card on the 9th and here we are on the 23rd of Feb. and I've received nothing.

Good Luck with your new Cobra....

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
FYI..the wait time on a SVT Certificate is bordering on ridiculous. I called on Jan 7th, they charged my Credit Card on the 9th and here we are on the 23rd of Feb. and I've received nothing.

Good Luck with your new Cobra....

Why not photochop a certificate to give it your vin# and build date? very cheap, and it will look correct, unlike the new ones which are different . I dont really care for the new one and have done this for several of mine, and if you put it a frame, you cant tell its not the real deal.

red95gts

Established Member
Why not photochop a certificate to give it your vin# and build date? very cheap, and it will look correct, unlike the new ones which are different . I dont really care for the new one and have done this for several of mine, and if you put it a frame, you cant tell its not the real deal.

Actually I didn't think of that, but my Photoshop skillz aren't that good either... :) Has the Certificate format changed recently?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
they have changed several times , mostly just the signatures, but now they have selling dealer and some added info. also I think it says Ford performance/svt instead of the orig. SVT logo. I will will find a pic for . I just think I would like the original to have with the car. the new is kinda corny looking to me.

svt2205

Established Member
You can also contact Ford Customer Service (you'll have to find the number) and ask for a History 999 report (they may call it a build sheet or window sticker, but it's not what you expect when you hear that). Give them your VIN and a few weeks later you'll recieve a report with some info on what your car was built with. Don't use what they send as 100%, as they can be full of errors.

Plus, sometime in 2008 Marti Autoworks will be able to run their reports on our cars.

Black306

Established Member
If you want a repo cert, I can do them. Just email me the info I need.

cert.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread