How do you guys feel about gun companys not selling to LEO's?

Should LE be restricted to the same laws as civilians

• yes

Votes: 125 79.6%
  • no

Votes: 32 20.4%

• Total voters

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The armor those 2 knuckleheads wore would not have stopped a 5.56 round.

Very true- but unless you're taking your shot with an AR from long range you lose your advantage. In close quarters I'd take an AK over an AR any day. The training and tactics the police have will win the day in most cases.

SVTPete83

Established Member
This exactly!! That's the whole point of owning a firearm. That and as well intentioned as 99% of the LEOs are out there they simply can't be all places at all times. Why should I as a private citizen be restricted from protecting myself? We should at least have access to the same "restricted" magazines and hardware as LEOs. A great quote I recently heard from a military vet was you don't know how much ammo or firepower you need until AFTER the fight!!

Amen!!

cbj5259

Established Member
Tell me again how that process identified that psycho over there in California??

There are half a million cops in this country. Yes...one went bat shit crazy and started targeting cops and their families. Hardly proof of failure of the background system. That is a poor argument. No subjective evaluation is perfect, but I'd say most police background checks weed out, at the very least, serial murderers. He also snowed the Navy too...As history will prove, what that wing nut did had not ever happened before.

Sent from my sharona

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
So how is it different from the Teamsters, or better yet - the International Longshoremen Association? They have even higher wages, higher benefits and better retirement, all passed on to you through higher prices on everything from soup to nuts. They contribute millions to election campaigns and there is no politician alive who doesn't wet their pants when they threaten to strike.

Public sector employees are paid with tax dollars, rather than a private transaction. When public sector employees demand more money it doesn't come from the profit margin of the business but from the pockets of everyone in that jurisdiction, limited only by the ability of their partners in politics to raise taxes. There are no shareholders to obtain a profit for.

Madeuce

Established Member
There are half a million cops in this country. Yes...one went bat shit crazy and started targeting cops and their families. Hardly proof of failure of the background system. That is a poor argument. No subjective evaluation is perfect, but I'd say most police background checks weed out, at the very least, serial murderers. He also snowed the Navy too...As history will prove, what that wing nut did had not ever happened before.

Sent from my sharona

Too bad that this rational wasn't used in cases such as Aurora or Newtown.

Maybe Colorado wouldn't then be infringing upon my second amendment rights. But at least there are 7 or 8 places that sell marijuana withing 20 minutes of my house, that makes a lot of sense...

2nd amendment plainly states "right of the people." No one should have that right taken away. If they are taking it away from some, they should take it away from all.

If there comes a day when I need to defend myself and family from a psycho cop, I would rather the playing field be as level as possible. It doesn't matter if he's 1 in a billion if it's my and my families lives at stake.

cbj5259

Established Member
Too bad that this rational wasn't used in cases such as Aurora or Newtown.

Maybe Colorado wouldn't then be infringing upon my second amendment rights. But at least there are 7 or 8 places that sell marijuana withing 20 minutes of my house, that makes a lot of sense...

2nd amendment plainly states "right of the people." No one should have that right taken away. If they are taking it away from some, they should take it away from all.

If there comes a day when I need to defend myself and family from a psycho cop, I would rather the playing field be as level as possible. It doesn't matter if he's 1 in a billion if it's my and my families lives at stake.

I agree.. The entire gun ban talk now is a knee jerk reaction with no basis in fact. The problem is the left has the media on their side.

Sent from my sharona

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
When my pacifist non armed brother got shot in the chest and survived but is very messed up and disabled for life while my niece got shot multiple times and died with the key to a safe firearm locked in a box around her neck and due to the first head shot he had time to reload wow get a gun learn to use it and if they ever come to take it hide it well Leos will get there later when it is over and collect data.

Last edited:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
When my pacifist non armed brother got shot in the chest and survived but is very messed up and disabled for life while my niece got shot multiple times and died with the key to a safe firearm locked in a box around her neck and due to the first head shot he had time to reload wow get a gun learn to use it and if they ever come to take it hide it well Leos will get there later when it is over and collect data.

http://bit.ly/Z0LsjE

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Probably took you longer to post that then it did to understand what he was talking about.

I'd imaging my punctuation, spelling and grammar would be a little off if I were talking about the shooting and murder of my family members...

while I would agree somewhat with your sentiment. When one is talking about a sensitive topic in regards to a controversial subject, it would behoove one to at least see that it makes sense. if you can't talk coherently about something that happened you should not talk about it until you can

Last edited:

02SVTV6

Established Member
Way I see it, when the shit hits the fan don't call any LEOs for help. Do your own thing investigate your own case and do your own everything. People act as if LE shouldn't have guns sold to them too however when criminals or people in general don't like LE they have something to prove and the average joe doesn't get this same attention because some of us wanted to choose a career which in some cases to do right though LE or not there's some people who are POS and shouldn't have the job which goes for any profession.

dwtjr3

Established Member
Purely political move by these equipment manufacturers. Hopefully, they will increase efforts to ensure the criminal element faces the same restrictions...

When I began my law enforcement career, I was issued a revolver and shotgun. I think I'll get by...

I hope they find a way to increase this as well, however there is never going to be a way to prevent criminals from getting firearms they are considered criminals because they are doing something illegal anyways.

Also say somehow they do get guns away from murderers, then they are just going to kill people other ways anyways.

IMHO I do not think tightening down on background checks and stuff like that is going to do anything accept make the law abiding gun bearer have a more difficult time when purchasing a fire arm.

I do however think that LE's and citizens should be treated equal when they are purchasing firearms, especially if it is a LE's personal firearm.

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
I fully support the companies that are doing this. To the LEOs that agree and also support it, I would stand next to you in any fight, all you have to do is ask. To those that vehemently disagree, well, pull down your skirts, your elitism is showing.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I do however think that LE's and citizens should be treated equal when they are purchasing firearms, especially if it is a LE's personal firearm.

For the record, I have underwent an SSBI (TS Clearance) and renew it every 5 years... Are you in favor of the general public doing the same?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
For the record, I have underwent an SSBI (TS Clearance) and renew it every 5 years... Are you in favor of the general public doing the same?

A TS for a firearm? Background checks I don't have a problem with- but TS to purchase a firearm is going FULL retard!! Come on man..... Plus it's super expensive to get one. Tell us, did YOU pay for you TS out of pocket? What reasoning can you possibly use to justify such an insane abuse of resources? You may as well eliminate the 2nd Amendment..... Oh wait..... NOW I get it:nonono:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
A TS for a firearm? Background checks I don't have a problem with- but TS to purchase a firearm is going FULL retard!! Come on man..... Plus it's super expensive to get one. Tell us, did YOU pay for you TS out of pocket? What reasoning can you possibly use to justify such an insane abuse of resources? You may as well eliminate the 2nd Amendment..... Oh wait..... NOW I get it:nonono:

Context...

darksrt

Established Member
plain and simple all leo's should carry an offduty because they have a duty to be a leo 24 hours of everyday and protect the public all the time. Leos need to have access readily available to them from firearm companies.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Spelling? Really?

Thought about editing thought about apologizing to you and the tag on's but I doubt my eyes will ever quit getting wet when I type or think about this so I don't owe you anything and rdj is just being typical so he doesn't even count in this thought process.

Search "charles bernard steinert" |The Tidewater News

No shame in my game and I spoke the truth. Unless its a drunken (did I spell that right ) Idiot popping rounds the LEO will seldom get there in time as I stated. I do thank the VA State Police for their excellent and complete investigation which along with the video and audio thanks to my brother put this clown away for ever. I am in high regard and in support of law enforcement but I recognize that they don't have transporters and will get there later most times. Arm yourself well, train hard and understand it can happen to you and your loved one's

Last edited:

UARPREY

Established Member
I think if the average joe can't have an AR-15 to protect/defend his life and home, than a cop doesn't need one. I think it needs to be fair to all LEGAL law abiding citizens, if a cop can have a AR-15 just because, then so can joe blow down the street.

If a situation arises where firepower is needed, send SWAT, they have the firepower and higher training to deal with situation such as the Hollywood shoot out. Sending regular patrol officers to such an event is basically sending them to their deaths.

But to the original point, I am happy for the manufacturers putting their foot down. If Gov't wants to demonize them so badly, then why would said companies continue to sell to gov't? With all the bans they want to do, they will basically shut down companies, so the companies should have no love loss, cut the gov't off and sell to the public, the people who NEED the means necessary to defend themselves and their families.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Equal right to protection

I think if the average joe can't have an AR-15 to protect/defend his life and home, than a cop doesn't need one. I think it needs to be fair to all LEGAL law abiding citizens, if a cop can have a AR-15 just because, then so can joe blow down the street.

If a situation arises where firepower is needed, send SWAT, they have the firepower and higher training to deal with situation such as the Hollywood shoot out. Sending regular patrol officers to such an event is basically sending them to their deaths.

But to the original point, I am happy for the manufacturers putting their foot down. If Gov't wants to demonize them so badly, then why would said companies continue to sell to gov't? With all the bans they want to do, they will basically shut down companies, so the companies should have no love loss, cut the gov't off and sell to the public, the people who NEED the means necessary to defend themselves and their families.

Well said and to the point!

Users who are viewing this thread