How do you like living in Michigan?

A Suede Futon

Established Member
I'm in college in GA right now studing engineering, and I'm thinking about pursuing the automotive industry. I figure Michigan is a great opportunity after college. How is the economy up there?

Poppacapp

Established Member
Now that they are giving workers a chance to choose whether they want to be extorted by the unions or not now, the economy should improve.

1997Cobra

Established Member
youll have to be able to deal with winter weather for sure. dont plan on driving a mustang that you want to keep in good shape during the winter. They salt the hell out of the roads if snow is even in the forecast.

As for economy, I know there are jobs for designers like crazy, which I imagine would translate into engineering jobs also. I've also been going to school for engineering part time, and I'm hoping to get a designer job soon

I've been a machinist since I got out of high school (5 years ago), and I've never been short on work hours. I've been on 55 hours a week for the past 2 years straight, and I want a 40 hour week sooooo badly

Blksnke

Established Member
lived in michigan since I was born, always had a ford since I drove, have family of four and just got our 26th car since 1992. So i guess we are helping the economy :)

1997Cobra

Established Member
Have you ever lived anywhere else? Everybody that I know that has moved out of Michigan, after living here all their lives, do nothing but complain about how much they miss it here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
Have you ever lived anywhere else? Everybody that I know that has moved out of Michigan, after living here all their lives, do nothing but complain about how much they miss it here.

Is this directed towads me? If so, yes. I lived in SC for about a year and loved it. Wish I didn't have to move back. (for my dad's work)

1997Cobra

Established Member
Yes, it was directed towards you... I was really just curious, because from what I've seen most people want to come back. I've never lived anywhere else so I wouldn't know the feeling. I do enjoy the winter months though, more then the summer actually

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
Yes, it was directed towards you... I was really just curious, because from what I've seen most people want to come back. I've never lived anywhere else so I wouldn't know the feeling. I do enjoy the winter months though, more then the summer actually

I just hate not being able to drive the Cobra. My beeter is a 99 saturn sl2 and I only like winter when there you cant see the road because there is so much snow... more fun! :rolling: Summer is my favorite season by a light year

knight 64

SVT Power
Established Member
Michigan has to be one of the best kept secrets ever. I don't have allot of winter experience up north, fall, spring and summer is incredible. I have never figured out why any one would want to go south in the summer. The great lakes are just beautiful. The summer humidity, especially in the UP is pretty much a non factor. This Hoosier has always loved Gods Country!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread