how drop 0.5 sec in the 1/4 mile

avro206

Established Member
Bone stock. What mods will get me 0.5 sec quicker? I'd like real world, "I've done this and it got me that" kinda answers. Thanks

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Your stock so just about any mod will help your et. I'd say the most beneficial would be 410 gears or maybe even 430 or 456. I've heard of guys shaving off a full second with just gears and good tires. Good luck

avro206

Established Member
Your stock so just about any mod will help your et. I'd say the most beneficial would be 410 gears or maybe even 430 or 456. I've heard of guys shaving off a full second with just gears and good tires. Good luck

I just hope gears would really work in the 1/4 cause I am sure I'd have to grab an extra gear and cross in 4th gear.

That aside I don't want to waste my money on something border line....I am skeptical of CAI and am not losing my strut tower brace.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
I just hope gears would really work in the 1/4 cause I am sure I'd have to grab an extra gear and cross in 4th gear.

That aside I don't want to waste my money on something border line....I am skeptical of CAI and am not losing my strut tower brace.

Just as svtpete and I have said gears and tires. Google or svtp search button on gears and tires their are countless posts on the topic esp if your goal is only staying in the 13s. check it out you won't regret it. Good luck

Rotzs99

Established Member
+65,000

For the money, you won't get a bigger performance gain than gears and tires unless you do a power adder.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Speaking of 'gears'... when your bangin them hard at the track you might want to invest in a short shifter. Won't necessarily make the car itself faster, but you shifting faster (and not hurting your transmission in the process) will help.

avro206

Established Member
are they bassania mid length headers a good investment?

I am not sure I'd go higher then 3.73s :( That's 15% improvement over stock, so it's gotta help right?

Id have to try someone elses before I get them.

Pulleys?

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member

I am not sure I'd go higher then 3.73s :( That's 15% improvement over stock, so it's gotta help right?

Pulleys?
Bassani headers are great if you are looking for ground clearance and a little extra power. I'd get headers if it you don't need a new clutch soon.

If you are going to get gears and go with 373 you might as well not get gears. I was in the same position thinking 4.10s would be too much, and now I wish I would have gone 430 from the start. With the 4.10s it feels like I'm missing just a little extra kick. I still get 18 mpg city and have fun :)

SVTPete83

Established Member

Pulleys?
Stock car will not benefit from headers as much as you would gears. And 3.73s would be an absolute waste of time and money.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member

Pulleys?

Im not sure what your goals are? Power or Et? Im assuming ET because thats the question on the thread. If your trying to increase your et dont even bother with headers. Focus on the above mentioned and you could see low 13 sec quarter mile times.

Gears, sticky tires, short shifter and pulleys. The good set of tires alone will cost you $800+ for the pair, so you have a decent check list already. Focus on these four mods you wont regret it.

As for 3.73s....no. Go with 4.10+ if your focusing on et or else your just wasting your money.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
dont fear the gear. 4.10s minimum, good street gear. 4.30 split between street/track. 4.56 mainly track. 1st useless on the street.

absolutely dont bother with 3.73s on a stock engine. pointless.

gq916

Established Member
Bone stock. What mods will get me 0.5 sec quicker? I'd like real world, "I've done this and it got me that" kinda answers. Thanks

no need for a full air intake, just get a cone filter, off road midpipe, professional tune, and tires. Gears are good for first gear at the track to get off the line. But I'm sure you're not going to be at the track everyday. I got 4:30s at the time thinking I was going to be at the drag strip all the time but it wasn't the case. Ended up doing more roll racing and everyday driving..3.90s would have been ideal for me. I was about to switch to 3.90s but ended up selling my car.

Users who are viewing this thread